Has anyone tried the Shunyata Diamondback PC?

Currently breaking-in 3 Shunyata power cords, I swapped them with PS Audio AC-3 cords. I have heard different opinions concerning this cord and would like some feedback from other users of this cord or what they have learned about it. The price of the cords was $125 each, about the most I can afford.
rpg
I have the Diamondback. I don't think it is materially better than what you can get for $10 at Radio Shack.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I used the word "material" to mean "not imaginary", a valid definition, and to refer to the power cord's sound quality, not its physical attributes.

But since you claimed that I was just shooting my mouth off, let me be more specific about my experience with the Diamondback. I was short one power cord last year after adding a DAC to my system. To power the DAC, I decided to remove the Diamondback from my second system and replace it with an $10 power cord I purchased at Radio Shack. To my chagrin, the Radio Shack power cord sounded at least as good as the Diamondback. I can assure you I would have been happyier to learn that the Radio Shack power cord sounded inferior to the Diamondback. Nobody wants to learn he was a fool who has been separated from his money.

Now that I have clarified my statement, feel free to assure us that the Diamondback is more expensive to produce, better accredited, and safer than a Radio Shack power cord.

By the way, I am surprised to learn that the proprietor of Shunyata is going to the mat over an entry level product. I would have thought his time would be better spent on product development and manufacturing and that he would let the end results speak for themselves.
FWIW, I don't own any Shunyata products, but have to say that I am now much _more_ inclined to purchase some of their PCs, based on Grant's responses here.

(This thread is the Kobayashi Maru for him.)

Mcondon, much worse has been said of the performance of many commercial products than your comments above. I have absolutely no problem with you sharing your opinion and experience for better or worse--it is why I read the comments in the first place. You clarified your original post and cleared up the misunderstanding about "material value", which was my only issue.

Products like the Diamondback and others can never pretend to offer the perfect solution for every application or every system--no matter how much effort is put into making them. They are after all only one part of an overall electrical delivery system in which many variables often come into play.

This is why we use dealers who offer evaluations. If anyone feels stuck with a product that does not work for them, I will always "go to the mat" to help get the products returned or exchanged when bought through one of our dealers. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any help.

Regards,

Grant
Wow. Kudos for such a gracious response. Shunyata will certainly remain on my short list for higher end power cords and power conditioners. But obviously your recommendation to work with a dealer and to "try before you buy" is good advice.