Power Cords

I am considering changing out my stock PCs. I don't want to spend a mint on them though. But I do think that upgrading to an adequate guage and having them in the correct lengths should be an upgrade for my system (MA 6500, Hydra 6, ML Vantages, Marantz BD 7003, Vidikron VL-52, and to come a Cambridge 840C).

I am considering Signal Cables, Zebra Cables, Pangea, PS Audio Jewels, and Element Cables. They are all around $50-$60 each and are within my price range. Also, I am considering just buying some Volex 17604s. They are less than $10 a piece and seem to be highly regarded.

Have any of you used these diffent PCs and can you comment on their sound? I've also thought of Shunyata Diamondbacks. But the cost is at least 2X as much.

Any comments or direction are appreciated.
pokey77
Post removed 
Post removed 
Thanks all, I appreciate the comments. On the post above, I do not have experience with other modern power filtering/protection systems, but will read about the one mentioned above. I can say though that I have read nothing but good about the Shunyata's. With the MA6500 Integrated and my MartinLogan Vantages, it is a fairly nicely resolving system, but it is not near what it could be with some more $$. My system does double duty, home theatre most of the time and two-channel when I get the chance to sit down. I am just hoping to move to the next level by removing the weakest links (and cheapest parts to upgrade). The best I can do for now is a the 840C to substantially upgrade my current universal player and possbily clean up the power a bit. Again, I appreciate the advice. I'm still reading and researching.
You should really audition some of the pricier Shunyata CX power cords to mate with your Shunyata6.
You haven't heard what it can do yet.

I have experimented with DIY power cords for both the Hydra and Guardian 2,and if you don't skimp on the connectors you can come up with some nice sound, but all the DIY designs I have tried were compromises.

I auditioned the entire Shunyata power cord lineup a few years back and at the time, the Annaconda Helix were the ones I ended up buying for all my electronics.
I've put pangea ac9 on a pair of quicksilver v-4s. I've noticed a cleaner presentation over the entire frequency spectrum. I thought a pc up grade silly and just another way to seperate me from some cash. So I tried the pangea with a 30 day return policy. I'm happy with my choice.Concerning cables the major improvement I notice the removal of grunge that my ears have trouble descerning until its removed. This is something I've noticed with the pangea and nordost cables I've switched to. Just my 2 cents worth. System Quicksilver full function pre,vandy 3A sigs.,2wq sub,sony scd777es with vsei level 5+ witch is quite a step-up over stock in paticular with redbook.