Krell CAST cables...which to buy?

I want to buy new CAST cables for my all EVO system (202/402/505). I think I currently have the original type.....purchased just over 3 years ago....about 1/4" diameter?
I have read many different opinions regarding the various choices available and would like to hear the up to date buzz on what is best. Unfortunately I cannot audition any so I have to make a god faith call on this.
My feelings on the sound of my gear right now is that it lacks a certain sparkle eg...cymbals seem muted and not metallic enough. Pianos don't have that percussiveness that they really have. Sound stage seems recessed. Not that I am looking for anything too bright.
I've read some posts that suggest the Nordost MMF is to fast and thin?
Any insight would be most appreciated.
Aloha.....
mauidj
A friend of mine uses CAST cables he had made by Tara. The difference is impressive and noticeable. You may not have to go all the way up to "The One" to achieve the improvement you seek.

Did Tara quote you $3000/meter for a single CAST cable? That seems a bit high as The One XLR interconnects sell for a bit less than that (as of last summer) for a pair. I'd call them back and ask them to clarify their price to you. (I'm not a dealer).
Mauidj

Tara Labs price of $3000 seems a little high. They gave me a price of $995 and they would make it out their RSC microphone cable they said it would be a little more if I wanted a ground station added. And I think the first generation Krell was copper wire and the second was the thinner with silver wire.
They quoted $3000/pair which is still high considering that ISM The One RCA retails at $2500/pair.
Which RSC cable did they quote you for? Not sure I would want a ground station on CAST cable.
Considering the whole deal with CAST was simplicity it sure is getting complicated ;-)
So, anyone out there using MMF and liking it?
Hi all,

Guess it's time I showed up.... I have owned and used the transparent cast when I used KCT, FPB-750MCX monos and it was OK IMO but then I switched to the Nordost MMF cast, everything speeded up in a good way. I took a gamble on the SR cast buying blind and to be honest, I was very disappointed with it at 1st as it just sounded way too harsh high up the frequency which made vocals screamed at you. I called SR ( Elliot) for the reason and was told that the SR cast is basically a raw cable unlike all of their cables would have had about 300 hrs of burn in as they cannot do so with the Nemo connectors.
I then played music constantly for 48 hrs and to my surprise, the cable settled a bit and most of the harshness had gone. Within another week, I compared it to the Nordost again and in my opinion, the SR cast is much more musical without loosing any speed or timing. the comparisions were done with my EVO-202 and EVO-1 monos.
Hope this helps.
Aloha Flash!
Many thanks for the insight.
Which cable did SR use to make your CASTs?
And if you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost?