Power Strip Question - PLEASE HELP

I need to power my audio system and various electronics from a single duplex outlet. Although this is less than ideal, I need some advice on how to avoid degrading sound quality.

Essentially, I want to buy 2 power strips for the duplex outlet. The first will be used exclusively for my audio system, while the second will be used exclusively for other electronics. Here is the breakdown:

1) Wiremold L10320 Power Strip (9 outlets, 6 foot cord):
- Naim Nait 5i-2 integrated amplifier
- Naim Nait 5i-2 cd player
- Pro-Ject Tube Box II phono pre-amplifier
- Pro-Ject Debut II TT (weak link, I know)

2) XYZ Power Strip:
- Alarm clock
- Phone charger
- External HD
- Laptop computer

My main concern is with the second power strip. I'm worried that these common electronics, being powered on the same line, might degrade the sound quality of my audio system.

Is there any way to limit the interference of these electronics, thus preserving sound quality? For instance, would a power strip with a surge protector limit the interference that these electronics may produce?

If possible, I would like some recommendations for power strips from Allied Electronics, since I will be buying the Wiremold from them (http://www.alliedelec.com/).

I don't have any strict requirements, but I would prefer an inexpensive unit (<$10, if possible) with a short cord.

Thank you so much for the help!
jferreir
That's a lot of stuff for one duplex receptical and lots of opportunity for noises.I suggest you find a way to seperate the non-audio stuff.A surge protector will not do what you are looking for.Also,IMHO,using cheap power strips is asking for more noise.You have some nice equipment,don't minimize it by using cheap fixes.Good luck.
I'm aware that this setup is less than ideal. However, only one duplex outlet is accessible, so I will have to make due at the moment.

If it matters, only a select number of electronics will be operational on the second power strip at a given time. For instance, I may have the external HD and phone charger plugged in, with neither of them turned on. Would this help reduce the interference?

I don't mind spending a bit more if it will improve sound quality, but the second power strip should not be more than $30, as that's what I'll be paying for the Wiremold.

Please keep the suggestions coming!
I'm not sure that it will make much diference concerning the quaility of the powerstrips under those conditions. I would go for a good quality strip with some filtering for protection even though it will compromise the sound significantly. You have some excellent equipment.

One other thought, you could go to Home Depot and purchase some 10 to 12 gauge heavy duty stranded wire in the bulk wire display. It is very flexible and you can build a very high quaility extension cord, (go to a an electrical supply shop and ask for their best connectors) and then run this cord from another circuit in your home or apartment to your equipment. This stuff is very flexible, looks nice, will turn corners easily, and doesn't look to bad if layed along the perimeter of your room. Then you could add the powerstrip.
Good luck!
Interesting suggestion, but my DIY skills peaked at the age of 10 when I built a birdhouse. I seriously doubt I would be able to better that performance.

Anyway, I want to understand why these particular conditions are so poor. Is it the electrical demand of my audio equipment, or the multitude of consumer electronics? Hypothetically speaking, if I were to remove/relocate everything except for the audio components, would the Wiremold power strip be sufficient to allow my system to 'sing'?

One alternative would be to use an extension cord on a different outlet, and run that extension cord along the perimeter of the room. This would allow me to power the consumer electronics from a different duplex outlet that is obstructed by furniture.

I should probably mention that my current accommodations are temporary, which is why I have to deal with such poor listening conditions. I'm not at liberty to re-arrange furniture either. Grrr!

Finally, for shits and giggles, this is the system I'm aiming for:
- Naim Nait 5i-2 integrated amp
- Naim Nait 5i-2 CD player
- Pro-Ject Tube Box II phono pre-amp
- Clearaudio Emotion CMB (currently have Pro-Ject Debut II)
- Harbeth P3-ESR
- Naim speaker cables
- Custom interconnect

I already have a name for the system, too! I like to call it 'The Early Analytic'. I settled on this for two reasons. First, this will be my first proper two-channel system. Second, I was writing a paper on Frege (German) and Russell (British) at the time I was planning it. So, what do you think? Catchy, or do I just have too much time on my hands?

And yes, please get back to me about the power strips (haha)!