Power Cables which take the soundstage back

Hello,
I have almost always focused on ICs and Spk Cables...but I always knew that Power chords also make a good difference. This is the first time I am venturing seriously into power chords. I am not looking for anything fancy. Primarily I see power chords should be doing the following:

a) Clean up the background noise (because of better shielding etc) which a stock chord would not be doing a good job at.

b) Provide good current capabilities which enables to make music denser, tones get more body and especially bass gets meatier and tighter (the last one normally happens more often)

These are primarily two things I am looking at.
I have tried some power chords in the near past and I have observed one common pattern:

1. Power chords which tighten up the bass (in comparison to stock chords) also bring the images a bit forward.

2. Some Power chords do a good job of taking the soundstage further back...I dont know how and why but I have seen it happening. Some of them end up presenting a bit loose bass in the process (only some of them)

So, for me at this point, a power chord which can take the soundstage back (without introducing anomalies like loose bass) would be a wonderful addition. Thats a very critical requirement for me. I am sure you guys would have experienced power chords which do such things. I am not intending to shell out more than $200 (new or used) at this point. Kindly suggest.
pani
They do make a difference but I wouldn't pay a fortune. Most of mine are Gutwire B- 16 which retails for $99. I liked them so well I became a dealer for them. I have 2 Oyade which retail for $450 that I got on line for $250 each. I just bought some PS Audio from their SC line, a Statement and 2 of the one just under it for $440 total so I probably have not much more than $1500 in about 15 cords. I would buy one expensive one used and several like the Gutwire and move them around to see if they made a difference in a given application. HIFICRITIC found wild variations in the performance of the same cable in different applications, in some cases cheap generic cords sounded better, especially with digital components. So they do sound different but $$$ do not always = better. With power amps the larger , more expensive cords were generally better. By all means try as many as possible but don't just throw money at it. As always buying used or with return privilege is the safest corse.
If you can not hear a difference with different power cords in your system then none exists (for you). However if you CAN hear a difference then don't let ANYONE talk you into thinking you can't trust your own ears. After all if you cannot trust your ears then who's ears can you trust? The person telling you to ignore your senses?

To my ears power cords (yes the cable that connects a component to the wall for its AC power) is the single biggest contributor (cable wise) to what a system will ultimately sound like. I don't care what anyone else has to say regarding why this cannot be true and neither should you. Call the Cable Company and have them send you a few different cables for your digital front end and perform a week long listening test and let YOUR ears decide. After that you will either believe in power cords, or not.

In my system I've had good luck with Synergistic Research and Audience power cords.
You may be better off installing dedicated line. But I agree with Macdadtexas. "Buy better upstream gear with your money, or better speakers." Or software.
EVERY power cord changes my system...they all add, subtract, enlarge, reduce, etc., etc. I built my own with Accrolink wire and Oyeida plugs or Furutech. I have an all Ayre system with Vandersteen 5A's. The amp likes the Furutech plugs, whereas the speakers, the Universal player, and the preamp like the Oyeida. If I put Oyeida in the amp, and the Furutech in any of the other components, it doesn't sound as good. You must try each power cord in the position it will function to determine its efficacy.
The better the cord,I guess the more pure noise you will receive.Look at some of the power lines supplying residential areas.Some may be tied to industrial equipment with a lot more noise. The manufactures dislike the blind ABX test.Less profit?Maybe a line conditioner will do more good?There are
some power cords that have such bad solder jobs on their plugs,its unreal!Also,what is it going to take to make this right? A home burning down,taking lives with it over a mega buck
profit greedy company going to court to face the results their actions!A $20 cord will bring you all the dirty power you need!A link on the subject.link >>>[http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/feature-article-blind-test-power-cords-12-2004.html]