Why don't gold based cable fans try Synergistic

I am looking to try new cables and have been reading the archives in cable forums on all the great cable recommendations. I'm trying to get a handle on how the Synergistic Tesla range that I once owned compare to the gold based cable offerings.

However for some strange reason hardly any of the members here who seem to have tried the various gold based faves (Gabriel Gold, Jade, KCI, Purist and others) have not been tempted to try the popular Synergistic cables and not much here in the way of comparisons. I am not sure why but there seems to be two camps.

Anyways hoping to get a comparison as I had the Tesla Accelerators in my system for a short while and wonder if the gold based cables have the same naturalness, depth of soundstage, air and separation of the Teslas. I should add that as good as the Accelerators were sound wise I did not like the idea of introducing more electricity into my system with the active shielding hence looking for comparable alternatives.
frankk
I talked to the dealer I purchased the cable from, he had never heard of it. Another deal whom I had no affiliation whatsoever, said he has heard of such annomolies. I am in Alberta Canada, and when it gets to be -30c or -40c and the furnace is running all the time, it gets pretty dry. Your skin flakes if you don't use moisturizer, lips dry out, etc. Don't want to get into a "who's area is dryer" conversation.......I guess I didn't give it much more of a chance......nobody could pinpoint why it happened and I didn't want to take anymore chances with expensive equipment. Just my experience! It's really too bad, because I loved the cable! (Digital cable)
Sorry Bullot but I have a system in a VERY DRY place (vacation home in Palm Springs Ca.) where the humidity drops into the low teens all the time. I have all SR Active Cables there and I have never noticed any increase in static electricity or any problem with the Active Shielding "charging my home with electricity". My neighbor also has SR Active cables (I turned him on to them) and he has no problems that I am aware of.

From what I understand regarding Active Shielding it is a 30 volt DC charge applied to the shield of a cable and is totally outside the signal path. Actually there is far more DC in the average active component (CD players, pre-amps, amps, etc.) then is found on the shield of Active SR cables.

I am not doubting you believe what you are posting but I cannot understand your claim nor have I been able to find anything regarding what you describe on any audio forum (aside from what you have posted here). After ten years of Acive cables from SR it will be interesting to see if all of a sudden a few reports like this surface. Out of curiosity who was the dealer that corroborated your theory? Also please describe in detail what exactly you mean by "charged your room with electricity" from a 30 volt bias?! This all sounds a little off to me- sorry.
Sorry it sounds off to you Shellie! With the SR, everytime I touched something metal in the room, zap. Everytime I touched a component on my shelf, zap, static charge. My Anthem Statement D1 was put out of commission from a static charge, with the SR in the system. I had to send it 3600 Kilometers to Toronto to get it fixed, meanwhile my AV system is down! In 25 years I have never had that issue. With it out of the system the static charges from people touching, me touching the equipment, and me touching the rack......I would estimate, are down at least 90%, with the intensity of the shock also down considerably. If I am the only person in the world that this has happened to, I'm ok with that..........it didn't work for me in my system, in my home, for some reason, seriously! Like I said......I really liked it, best interconnect I had to that point, but I was not going to risk anymore equipment, sold it, and NO problems since! If everyone else with SR has no issues with them, awesome, but my experience has taken me away from SR. As for the dealer, no..........I'm not comfortable naming names. I respect peoples opinions, experience, and honesty and am not about to hang them out there because of something they told me in a private conversation. Right now I have Stealth Indra and Gabriel Gold in my system and love them both. Over the XMass holidays I auditioned a Gabriel Gold Rapture "R" speaker cable which was incredible, I suspect the Stealth may be replaced in my system in the near future. Gold is great!
Adwiegert, yes on the humidifier idea!! I actually just bought one before XMass........the better half says I'm snoring less too!! But, we're getting off topic I think.......(my fault) just wanted to put my 2 cents in on my Gold vs SR cable experience.