How to Attach Spade 10 AWG Solid Copper

I am working on DIY cable project. I am almost done, I just don't know how to attach the spades I purchased. I have spades that require crimping. I need to somehow attach a 10 AWG solid single copper conductor to the spade. Can someone suggest a cost effective tool for accomplishing this. I have never crimped a connection and I have had a hard time finding a resource to aid me in my project, any will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
dfelkai
I have the Klein Tools Journeyman Crimping/Cutting Tool (J1005) which is sold at Home Depot. You can also get it online at a bunch of places, including Amazon.

It works very well. Not sure what price range you're looking at but this is around $35.

As for technique, just line the uninsulated crimp up in the center of the spade & give it everything you have. I've done hundreds of crimps & not one failure. I'm guessing you have split style barrels, so gently squeeze with the insulated crimp just enough to hold the wire snug before nailing it down. Of course, put the pointy part of the crimper on the solid portion of the spade. If you need pics, I'm doing a set now & can send them to you.
Mechanical crimping of lugs or sleeves over solid core wire will loosen and fail with any physical movement of the connection. If you use a standard crimping tool I would recommend you solder the lug to the solid #10 wire after crimping. Make sure you apply enough heat to cause a good flow of solder between the barrel of the lug and the solid wire.

A Hi-press where the lug is compressed around the wire would be a good mechanical connection. Though the barrel of the lug would need of the no seam type to survive the compression onto the solid wire. I am not aware of a Hi-press tool for that small of a wire though.
Ah, I failed to pick up on the word SOLID. As Jea48 accurately describes the connection, it will indeed fail. My instructions were for multiple wires, which are not necessarily stranded.

Anyway, you will need to solder or spot weld. Perhaps a body shop can do this for you?
Post removed