Who has dumped the power conditioner?

Hello,
I recently replaced my mains conditioner, with a high quality power strip.(Oyaide MG).

The sound is now more detailed, dynamics I didn't know I was missing are back, and air and separation have all improved.
I am interested if anyone else has gone back to basics?
Cheers
sme10
When I added dedicated lines I preferred the sound without a power conditioner, so sold my BPT 3.5
For Relentless and Leatherneck1812; do you have fully "dedicated" lines entering your home via a separate service, or do you have dedicated circuits with an isolated ground? Just wondering?
I do have most of my low power requirement components plugged into a Brick Wall, which I do not consider to be a power conditioner but a power strip with protection. Can't tell the difference plugged into it or the wall outlet which is what I want.
I have noticed the benefit of a using a very long extension cord, as the same benefit as dedicated lines. Get a 50' extension cord 12 or 14 gauge. It will equal the benefits of dedicated lines.. (just do not coil it up!)
Elizabeth (Threads | Answers)

Is this supposed to be humor?
Is this supposed to be humor?

From a technical standpoint it strikes me as reasonably plausible. The inductance and/or resistance of the long extension cord(s) would help to isolate the system from sources of electrical noise which may be present elsewhere in the house. Running multiple long extension cords to different parts of the system, such as one to digital components and another to analog components, would reduce cross-talk of digital noise into analog signals that may occur via the ac power distribution arrangement, similar to what multiple dedicated ac lines might do.

This assumes, of course, that the gauges are adequate to support the current draws and run lengths, which offhand I would think may very well be the case for 12 or 14 gauge, serving typical components.

I'm not saying that it will necessarily be as beneficial in all systems as running dedicated lines from the service panel, just that Elizabeth's observations sound plausible.

Regards,
-- Al