Who has dumped the power conditioner?

Hello,
I recently replaced my mains conditioner, with a high quality power strip.(Oyaide MG).

The sound is now more detailed, dynamics I didn't know I was missing are back, and air and separation have all improved.
I am interested if anyone else has gone back to basics?
Cheers
sme10
I personally don't believe in power conditioners that I tried quite a few in the past. They just make your system sound different, better in some areas, but bad in others. Dynamics always suffer when connected them to the power amps. I have dedicated lines and the PS Audio powerports and I am happy with the sound. However, premium power cords do mostly contribute to good sound.
This is a really interesting thread! I have a Monster on my system because the town I live in had some serious issues with power outages due to the age of substation equipment and capacity. They have opened a new substation on my end of town and things have gotten much better. So, I'm thinking about doing some experimentation in this area.

One of the things that's critical with power is the constant current capacity that you're able to pass to your amplifiers (or any other component for that matter, just seems to be most notable with amps). In almost all cases, power conditioners cause some level of current limiting. Just a fact of physics; there ain't no free lunch. The PS Audio stuff has been pretty good at eliminating current limiting issues and I know that Transparent Audio has some interesting solutions. Bottom line is, how to get the cleanest possible AC signal, at the most constant voltage, from the wall to the amp WITHOUT any type of current limiting on the voltage that's present? Personally, I think good cables do help, but like most cabling products the laws of diminshing returns kick in more severely than with anything else. I like the PS Audio cables, PNF Audio, and my own (yes, I have some that are built by yours truly using some hand braided mil-spec silver wire... work great!).

Another thing to keep in mind... Power conditioning seems to "change the sound", right? Well, I'd be willing to bet that MOST manufacturers are designing stuff for optimum results from the wall socket, so that they get the greatest consistency of results for the greatest majority of customers. If they are using some kind of conditioning in their design phases, then putting things on a different brand of conditioner may garner very different power/current chacteristics, and hence different sonic results.

Maybe the real trick is to have your own generator! :)
I would use a conditioner for the source components and dedicated lines for the amps. My amps have there own serge protection and I am willing to bet many other good amps do as well.

PS Audio and others have serge protecting wall outlets which takes one power cord out of the mix and one less chance of loss at the connection.

I am using a power re-generator and it also changes the sound, so if your house has relatively clean power the high quality power strip may be the way to go.
Post removed 
When I added dedicated lines I preferred the sound without a power conditioner, so sold my BPT 3.5