Is cable synergy important?

I ask this because for a long time I didn't think it mattered much if you mixed and matched cables.
You know, use brand A company for the speaker wire and company B for interconnect etc.
However my recent experience with Clear Day cables has got me convinced that if the cables do what you like then stick with the same brand and cable up.
I had puchased the Clear Day cables and really enjoyed how they cleaned up the sound of my SET amp and Tannoy speakers.
So much so that I thought I would audition the Clear Day IC with the very nice xhadow xlrs, just the ticket for my new Red Dragon Leviathans.
It was a very nice match and strengthened all the good things that the speaker cables did.
My system is now the most revealing it has ever been and not in the least bit etched or zingy.
So at least with my positive experience in using speaker wire and interconnect from the same company(Clear Day)I would say that cable synergy is important.
lacee
Perhaps I was a little too defensive,but I have a sore spot when it comes to questioning my intentions and experience.
I totally agree, assembling music reproducing systems is not rocket science.
It is more of an art.
Anyone who assembles a system using text book formula or flavour of the month components has no guarantee of achieving good sound either.
Some people never become musicians, some become very good at what they do, others are true artists.
It takes more than luck and more than just following the charts.
It takes hard work, skill, patience and a desire to strive for perfection.
To me that is what it takes to assemble a good(not expensive) sounding system.
You also have to have access to hearing a great many very good systems.Knowing what real instruments sound like up close and personal also helps big time.
You have to have evolved and matured in what sound you are going for.
Then you go about finding the pieces that work together that give you that sound.
It takes years and numerous "this is the last ....I will buy" trial and error combinations.
The more you are exposed to better gear the more you hear the limitations in your "best sound ever" component.
Your tastes evolve.
Not just in gear but in the reason we all got into this hobby, the music.
To me, it is when the components and in my case, the wires, just disappear.
The Clear day combination of balanced IC and speaker cable works in my system better than anything before it.
I am not naive to think that they can't be bettered.
That was someonelse's asumption.

There was a time when I thought my CLS 11z speakers were about the best sounding stats I had heard.
Then I heard another audiophiles Soundlab Ultimates, and realized I was nowhere near the sound they could provide.
Maybe ignorance is bliss.
I know it sure saves you money.
Recently I was also very impressed with the new Martin Logan CLX.
So if they are in my future maybe the Clear day cables won't do the things that they do on my Tannoys.
It is all mix and match, but it is nice to be able to bring a little continuity to the proceedings and ease the variable factor.
Lacee, at least you are off the cable merry-go-round and are done looking. Your cable journey is now over. Congrats!
But what if I change speakers?
If I were to upgrade to the CLX,which after owning Quads and CLS for years are high on my wish list, would these wires be the best choice?
Maybe something like Kubala would be the order of the day.

My ride on the cable merry go round was never in the big leagues, but I have heard what some of the better cables can do.
I have heard how the Sonus Strad can be made to sound even more like music less like a speaker when my friend moved up the siltech line.

If I had it to do it over I would spend for the best cabling and then upgrade components later.
I always felt a new amp or speaker would be the answer,when all along it was because the sound of the gear was being compromised by the cabling.
New amp, and six months later want another new amp.
The only things I kept constant were the cables, and that's what I should have changed.

Cables always seem to be suspect to claims of snake oil and price gouging, and I admit that's what kept me from playing with the big boys.
But when you hear what some of them can do with good gear not just great gear, it starts to make sense.

It's a great day when you can find some cables that don't cost a fortune that can improve your system and end the search.
I just read a very interesting review of some cables by Steve Marsh at 6 moons.

I no longer feel all alone.