Is cable synergy important?

I ask this because for a long time I didn't think it mattered much if you mixed and matched cables.
You know, use brand A company for the speaker wire and company B for interconnect etc.
However my recent experience with Clear Day cables has got me convinced that if the cables do what you like then stick with the same brand and cable up.
I had puchased the Clear Day cables and really enjoyed how they cleaned up the sound of my SET amp and Tannoy speakers.
So much so that I thought I would audition the Clear Day IC with the very nice xhadow xlrs, just the ticket for my new Red Dragon Leviathans.
It was a very nice match and strengthened all the good things that the speaker cables did.
My system is now the most revealing it has ever been and not in the least bit etched or zingy.
So at least with my positive experience in using speaker wire and interconnect from the same company(Clear Day)I would say that cable synergy is important.
lacee

Showing 3 responses by jp1208

I don't know why the same gauge would be better or worse. Different things are happening when the signal passes through the components. It's not like the signal rides on the same gauge all the way through the system. It all changes flavor once it hits the first power cord. Uh oh did I just say power cord? Are these all the same gauge too? Who here does not think the power cord affects the power supply which in turn changes the flavor in the components signal? I think what Lacee is hearing is good synergy in his system with the same gauge wire. Nothing more and nothing less. Or maybe it just corrected a problem in a power cord or something. We have all been there in the combined tens of thousands of years experience in this hobby. I always chuckle, and have at my self, when coming up with theories in these forums. What theory works for some does not always work for others.
Good luck to all in there journey through cable theory. I know I am not done and never will be. Satisfied for a while but never done. Lets mix it up now! Now if I could only find that thread on impedence matching again. I just get lost in here sometimes.
To me it was pretty much as clear as day to assume he did not have an affiliation with such brand. Silver wire is clear sounding for the most part and he found a good synergy by using the same guage wire. He just found a good balance. Not too many of us stay with the same sound for long periods of time and looking at what he has done in the past there will be change on the horizon. There are good budget cables out there and some may mop the floor with very reputable brands and there are some that perform to there price point. Clear Day could possibly be a good budget cable that can hang with some pricey cables. I use some budget cables that someone turned me on to from flea bay. In fact I use all their cables now.
Lacee, at least you are off the cable merry-go-round and are done looking. Your cable journey is now over. Congrats!