Computer vs CD/SACD discs

I am simplifying my system and getting out of vinyl. Actually sold all the vinyl and analog gear already. I was planning on going to computer audio and have been playing with it but really don't see the benefit over just slipping a disc into the tray. I also am getting a bit frustrated by all of the options of downloads, cables, inputs and opinions all over the place. I would welcome opinions thoughts on computer audio vs the old fashioned, putting a disc on the tray and pushing play. ( Streaming, I use spotify, exempted as this is a nice way to demo new music).
davt
Audiolabyrinth, I have no idea why you have, "to keep viruses and malware, hard drive clear of errors off the computer" troubles. I have none. It is so easy to have 900 albums from cds, in DSD, and from HD tracks at hand without having to look for them.
08-09-14: Tbg
Audiolabyrinth, I have no idea why you have, "to keep viruses and malware, hard drive clear of errors off the computer" troubles. I have none.
Hmmm! Should I take a stab at it? I have some suspicions. Hmmm!
all computers are problematic, It's the nature of computers, I will also say I have none, that's because I maintance my computer daily to keep it running tip top, with all this, why would I spend more time with a computer and arrive with more problems from more useage?, I do not desire that at all.
Audiolabyrinth, were I to have your problems, I guess I too would have reservations, but I have none. I have never had a virus. What problems I have are with internet connection because of provider issues. Perhaps it is because I have only Macs, seven of them, including one on my music server running in Windows 7 using JRiver MC 19.

I have well over 1000 cds and find what I seek in storage is a major put off for me. I also have 400 sacds with 100 of them in DSD on my server. If you compare sacds played off the shinny disc versus in DSD on the server, you would never go back.

I have no desire to take what can be read by the optical reader with many error corrections off a disc that I spent a half hour finding. Enjoy yourself!
08-09-14: Audiolabyrinth
all computers are problematic, It's the nature of computers,
Boiling water is problematic if you have NO clue.
I will also say I have none, that's because I maintance my computer daily to keep it running tip top, with all this, why would I spend more time with a computer and arrive with more problems from more useage?, I do not desire that at all.
I run Windows and Linux and they just work. The only time I tinker is rip a new CD. What daily maintenance is REQUIRED and you doing?

Computer is a just tool I use to improve quality life. I'm not a nerd and only tinker when required. When I play music, I just launch an app on the iPhone.

Like Tbg said, I guess I too would have reservations if have all these computer problems and no clue what I'm doing.