Cable Confusion

I would like to hear opinions on speaker cable...Anti-Cables vs. Mapleshade vs. Morrow vs. Bettercables. If any of you have tried them and which do you feel perform the best.
goocher
'Sorry to add to the confusion, but I've never heard a Kimber Kable I didn't like. No matter how old or how cheap, they're unfailingly musical.
I left Kimber Kable years ago. Anti-Cable was a big jump up from that. Ribbon SCs like Mapleshade uses were the all out winners.
i suggest that you set a price point and listen to all speaker cables within that price point. only you can decide what you like.
I left Kimber Kable years ago. Anti-Cable was a big jump up from that. Ribbon SCs like Mapleshade uses were the all out winners.

Muralman1,

I have pondered installing different cables for some time now. I’ve read so many articles on speaker cables that I can’t help but be a skeptic. If I can’t actually hear a difference – really hear it, without having to go back and forth between cables to discern any minuscule differences, or “perceived” differences – then I don’t want to lay out any cash. Therefore, I want to ask you specifically what the big jump or difference between your Kimber / Anti-Cables / and ribbon-type cables was. I am currently using four runs of Kimber 4TC in a double-shotgun configuration. I can’t afford to replace the Kimber with really expensive cables, so I have been curious about all the hype given to these other affordable cables. Any thoughts on cables (single or bi-wired) in the $600 range (need 12’ each side) that would provide a discernable difference??
2chnlben, My goodness, your request went unanswered by me. If this thread
was not pointed to by a different, but similar query, I would have never seen
your post.

Frankly, on most systems, cable difference can be hardly discernible. That is,
unless the radically different cable is introduced. Magnet wire is one example.
Cerious, on the expensive side, is another example with their viscous ceramic
conductor.

The Kimber Kable was not really bad. I couldn't really tell much difference
between it and other normal cables in systems past. With my former Pass
gear, I couldn't tell the difference in any cable.

It wasn't until I acquired my present system when cables divulged their true
identities. Though the hose cables remained similar, they all erred on
poisoning the conductor. The worst were the most expensive, like MIT,
Cardas, and Jenna. Anyone can hear the hiss when using hose cables, the
Jenna being the least offensive.

The magnet wire reveals magic in the mids, but leaves the frequency
extremes lacking. The ribbon retains the clear mids, and brings the hi's and
lo's to equal baring.

I must make it clear, I am talking about findings in my own system. Your
need for 8 feet runs makes the ribbon possibly unusable. The magnet wire
changes not over the same distance.