Average age of audiophiles

Hi everyone,
I'm curious about the average age of audiophiles. One of the owner of an audio store told me that he has a lot of customers in their mid 20s that buy really high end gear. Personnally, I would think the average age is above 40. I really can't confirm since I'm the I don't know anyody else crazy enough (or passionnate) to get a sound system as expensive as a car...

Also, how old were you when you started this hobby.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm 26 years old. I got interested in this hobby when I was around 17...

Thanks everyone...
lgregoir
The peak of the bell curve on spending more than you probably should for most hobbies seems to be in the mid-30's through 40's age range - I'd guess that's the range for audiophiles as well. I'm sure there are lots of 20-somethings at any given shop, but I have to believe that the majority of people who value high-end sound enough to spend major $$$ are in their 30's and 40's. I've always loved a good system, but it wasn't until a few years ago when age of the kids and income came together in a form that I could pursue a true high-end system, interestingly enough about the time I was getting into my late 30's. -Kirk
I got into high-fi when I was 15 and am now 20 and have an impressive rig(for someone my age), music collection is growing(what good is a system with no software?), by the time I am in my mid 30's and on I am sure I will have a very impressive system period. Yea but I noticed as well, most everyone here is a lot older, and they don't take me too seriously, but the experience I will have by the time I am 40 will be unimaginable.
Tim