Cables for my system?

Hey out there,

I am running around in the cable jungle, and I can't find the way out of it. I don't know wich cable way I have to go. Can you help me?

This is my setup:

Marantz SA11S1 SACD player
Pass Labs X1 preamp
GamuT D200 mk3 poweramp
Martin Logan Summit

I hope you can help me.
audioangel
Jeez, thanks Chuck. It's good to know that some of my insanity is appreciated. ;)

Anyway, Rene, I would find it in bad taste to push my own wares, so I won't. From what you are describing, I could have a couple of recommendations though. Stealth actually would be my first choice given your preferences, but I do find their speaker cables better $$$ values than their interconnects. They are spot on for speed, resolution and musicality.
Second choice would be Ridge Street Audio Designs Poiema!!! (some variation of !!!) or Soundsmith. You could either look to buy some used, or try RSAD's 45 day money back guarantee on new product. You could also try Nordost cables, as I have found them very transparent, but not so much on the dynamic side. Happy hunting!

Cheers,
John

FWIW, with no disrespect to Stringreen, I have tried Anticables in my system. They are a very good value, but not the best out there, which one would expect for the price. Also, they tend to err on the warm side of nuetral, and would not provide the transparancy or dynamics that you seek.
Thank you for your response. I will chek out some of your recommendations.

Thank you!
Cable recommendations are very difficult to make as each system is different and what works for one system does not necessarily mean it will work in another system, additionally, everyone has there own tastes as to what sounds best to them. Each of these recommendations are very sincere and I am quite sure it works fine within there systems and they are quite happy. I have always found that the MIT cables have had a particular synergy with what ever system I have owned, It seems to be due to these cables having switchable impedance networks which enable you to match the impedances of your electronics as well as addressing the many additional interactions between your electronics and speakers, enabling you to extract the optimum performance your electronics and speakers are capable of. This correct matching can often make MORE of a difference than changing other pieces of electronics. I suggest you find a dealer who will let you AUDITION the MIT cables within your price range in YOUR system, I am pretty sure you will be quite impressed and your search should be over. In addition, because of our crazy hobby we tend to change electronics quite often in search of the holy grail, one great advantage of the MIT cables is that if you do make a change, you can adjust the impedance of the interconnects to achieve maximum performance with your new electronics, thus saving the cost of a new set of cables to help match your new electronics or speakers. Of course you will probably upgrade to the more expensive Mits, but that is the nature of our hobby.
Mike
Hi Mike,

I do agree with your assertation that cable recommendations are dicey at best....but are you simply copying and pasting your responses now?

04-26-08: Majicjazz
Cable recommendations are very difficult to make as each system is different and what works for one system does not necessarily mean it will work in another system, additionally, everyone has there own tastes as to what sounds best to them. Each of these recommendations are very sincere and I am quite sure it works fine within there systems and they are quite happy. I have always found that the MIT cables have had a particular synergy with what ever system I have owned, It seems to be due to these cables having switchable impedance networks which enable you to match the impedances of your electronics as well as addressing the many additional interactions between your electronics and speakers, enabling you to extract the optimum performance your electronics and speakers are capable of. This correct matching can often make MORE of a difference than changing other pieces of electronics. I suggest you find a dealer who will let you AUDITION the MIT cables within your price range in YOUR system, I am pretty sure you will be quite impressed and your search should be over. In addition, because of our crazy hobby we tend to change electronics quite often in search of the holy grail, one great advantage of the MIT cables is that if you do make a change, you can adjust the impedance of the interconnects to achieve maximum performance with your new electronics, thus saving the cost of a new set of cables to help match your new electronics or speakers. Of course you will probably upgrade to the more expensive Mits, but that is the nature of our hobby.
Mike

I do think that is a first.

Cheers,
John
If anyone has the same feeling ?

I am in this " fever" for over 25 years; upgrading, changing components every 4-6 months then stayed a little
"cool" after 10 years.

I've the feeling that Power Cables, inter-connects, and
speaker cables, jumpers improve systems to More an extent
as one not realise. Also, cost of "rolling", " changing"
these items are less than other components, the price
difference of in / out are less than CD, Amp as they
"live" longer and stay younger more easily.

If you buy good cables, inter-connects, you cost of
in/ out is very limited as they are welcomed in the
markets.

I am using a pair of speaker cable with retail almost the
sazme as my Patsifal encore, ( I bought " used " at
apporx. 60% price) I used the Jumpers at USD 2K but I am
telling my friends I hear more than 40K difference
( actually there is no monetray value, just an example).
But my point is ,don't undervalue the importance of these
" accessaories" one may think not so, but I 'd rather
leap up to get one higher grade cable that may be kept
for , if not lifetime, for long, that when I upgrade
AMP and speakers, the cables will still be compatible.

When will you have taht feeling ?? how many times of
up-grading ???