Cable elevators - conventional wisdom wrong?

Reluctant to put any considerable money in them, the reasons for using cable elevators seemed intuitively correct to me: decouple cables mechanically from vibration and insulate them from the carpet's static. I have therefore built cheap elevators myself using Lego building blocks. (Plastic with a more or less complex internal structure; moreover, there is enormous shaping flexibility, for instance you can also build gates with suspended strings on which to rest the cables)
In their advertisement/report on the Dark Field elevators, Shunyata now claim that conventional elevators are actually (very?) detrimental in that they enable a strong static field to build up between cable and floor causing signal degradation.
Can anyone with more technical knowledge than I have assess how serious the described effect is likely to be? Would there, theoretically, be less distortion with cables lying on the floor? Has anyone actually experienced this?
karelfd
Joeyboynj, I really like them. The Mythologies are pretty solid to hold the heavy S.R Tesla power cords & they blend well with todays interior designs and furniture. Soundwise when I incorporated them in my system I had installed 2 Teslaplexes so I can to an extent comment where the differences in sound quality came from(LOL). I do notice a little more clarity, definition, & astonishingly silent backrounds. The Teslaplexes did there own enhancing. Maybe as time goes on I will notice more. I defenitly have not had any negative affects towards the sound after the Mythologies where put in my system. I actually have 8 total with 2 for sub cords. I have't even put them under any of my speaker wires, I will later add more just to let the Teslaplexes settle so I can tell a difference after to justify any positive affects. I will then report back.

REGARDS Bacardi
I just found these. Signal Cable makes Acrylic Cable Risers as well and they are cheaper than the Quadraspire QX50. Check them out.
Re-checked the Dark Fields in my system and found an immediate dulling of the sound and a blunting of leading edge transients. Not good! The product is a failure as far as I am concerned.
I have to agree with dave b on the dark fields.
Not only did these things sound bad but they fell apart after 1 month. Can you spell junk!!!!
Stay with Wood or Acrylic, much better effect on the the over all sound.
Given all the talk about them, I decided to pull them out of my system and what do you know, they were dulling transients, obscuring low level detail and detrimental to articulation not to mention that the build quality is quite questionable as one of them is already falling apart. Needless to say they aren't going near my system again. Looks like it's time to go back to the Acoustic Revive well.