Silver Plated Copper Balanced Cables

I'm looking for a pair of 1 meter long balanced interconnects that will go between a Lector Tube DAC and Audio Mirror SET Tube amps. Research I've done suggests that a cable with silver plated copper conductors may be the best match. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep the price below about $400 new or used.

Thanks

- Stew
smeyers
Thanks for all the suggestions folks! I must admit I've never heard of some of these cable manufacturers; there are certainly a lot of them!

As I research these, any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks much.
04-23-08: Davemitchell
Silver over copper will tend to sound brighter than either pure silver or pure copper.

I agree with Davemitchell here. Though if you are interested Audio Horizons Transparency is a decent, inexpensive silver clad copper wire.

I would look for a pair of used Ridge Street Audio Designs Poiema!!!, as I prefer the sound of ribbon silver to solid core silver. Silversmith is good too, but will cost more than $400.

Cheers,
John
I second the PS Audio Transcendent cables.

Now that they are heavily discounted, it brings them easily into your price range.
I decided to try the PS Audio Transcendent cables. PS Audio had one set left in stock at a very good price (B-Stock). I was told that they will no longer be making these cables; they are supposedly working on a new line that will be available sometime in the future.

Thanks much for all the help!