Transparent MM2

Anyone had a chance to check out the newest version of Transparent cable (MM2) ?
no_money
mikelavigne,

I agree with your findings. I have also upgraded to MM2 and was looking to replace Valhalla. I have tested Odin together with my own setup.(check my setup, you will see the pics.) Odin is perfectly matched with transparents, than I tried Stealth indra and was not satisfied with it. Now I connected Valhallas back. However, Odin can be good interconnect but has to be priced around 8000usd-10000usd. 16000usd worth investment for a cable is no logical way.
Mikelavigne, your well considered response makes TA's upgrade program seem more compelling, especially if I can actually sell my XLMM cables for anything approximating a profit and not the free-falling price bloodbath that usually accompanies a product once its pre-ordained superior replacement is released with no cost increase.

Knowing the timeline for MM3's release will surely help optimize the MM2's resale value. Too bad I bought at the end of MM1' s turnip-wrenching potential.

Not that I mean to rag on TA cables. They are the finest full range cables I have heard.

Except in speakers where multiple optimally ranged cables can be mated with the speaker's individually configurable crossovers to avoid the homogenization that potentially results from investment protection.

Biwiring may soon be Constitutionally prohibited in some states.
It's time to move on.
Biwiring may soon be Constitutionally prohibited in some states.

yes, for a couple of years i did bi-wire with Opus......and maybe i'm responsible for this new state Constitutional Amendment.

the evidance

my second set of (12') Opus speaker cable i did purchase only 3 years ago; my dealer did give me a (relatively) good buy on but were i to sell it i don't expect to break even but who knows. i did buy my Opus 1.5m RCA interconnects used and likely could sell them at break even.

the Valhalla i have sold i got at least 90% of my original investment on.

i'm not a flavor of the month guy; and these cables have served me well in terms of overall value. i accept that there will ultimately be a net cost. Transparent and Nordost don't change their cables every couple of years; their customers typically get their investments protected as well as any expensive cables on the market.

the MM family of Transparent cables began in 2000; MM2 started this year (2008). i'd say Transparent has been reasonable in it's frequency of upgrades......so suggesting MM3 is around the corner is not really fair.

i'm not saying their cables have sensible list prices or that one can make a real-world case for owning Transparent.....but thats true for lots of esoteric products of many types. you buy it because you like it enough and you can afford it.

opinions on performance are of course a separate issue.
for those of us with relatively more "modest" budgets than those above who are fortunate enough to live with TA opus and similar top notch cables, the upgrade to the mm2 in the mid-range models such as ultra and reference is an outstanding upgrade. i have now lived with my ref mm2 SC and IC for beyond the 200 initial break in period. IMO the mm2 offers great value in the quality of presentation within each price range. I have not auditioned every SC and IC out there, but of those i have heard in my system, the mm2 tech cables brings a level of performance that is significantly above the competition in many areas at the origninal mm tech pricerange. caveate: system synergy is always a major consideration. cheers.
Mikelavigne,
" in all my cable comparisons over the years.....i've yet to encounter it's equal"

Did you read the review on silent source musical reference reference retailing for less that 20% Transparent Opus and reviewer indicates that it is better than Transparent Opus. Wondering how accurate that assessment is?
By the way, how is the performance of the upgraded Opus MM2 ? Am considering upgrading my Opus as well except it is pricey. So adopting a wait and see attitude. Happy listening. TQ