Power Cords and Power Conditioner, How to arrange?

For cables, many Audiogoners say power cords will make the most impact in their hifi system. I wonder which power cord is more important, before and after a Shunyata Hydra power conditioner?

Shall I buy a better power cord to connect the mains to power conditioner, and lesser cords after the conditioner?

Or shall I just connect the conditioner to the mains with the same quality wire in the mains, and invest all my money to the power cords after the conditioner?

Any experience and ideas?

Many thanks
zdeng
I'll also go with Samuel's account. however, you can and will experience different sound characteristics depending upon which cord is where.

the Hydra is not an active cond. Passive only. Just a filter. I've tried a couple types of pasive filters Shunyata, and PS Audio. both have their pluses.

On my amps, I run a lesser priced pair of PCs off a PS Audio Duet, which is supplied by an Elrod Sig III.

On the sources & preamp however, I run the taipan helix alpha to the pre, and a VooDoo tesla II to the CDP... a VooDoo Black Dragon supplies that particular Duet.... so how you set up things will vary on what you feel is good for you.

You're just gonna have to get some or one, keeping all others stock, and see what happens with that new aftermarket wire supplying your Hydra... and go from there. gee, that might be the only one you'll need.

have fun.
For me my best powercord did the trick on my powersource ( KEMP). I discovered the benifits by accident when I was swapping around some powercords. The powersource has a 20A IEC connector and recently I bought some ARC stuff which also have 20A IEC's. The Harmonix Studio Master is now the connection between powersource and wall.
Tip: try your less best powercord between powersource and wall. You know what you don't like about that cord and that will probably be magnified now !!
Power conditioners always degrade my system. I stay away from them. Richard Grey is the worst.