Synergistic Research Quattro multi supply ?'s

I am considering picking up a Quattro power supply to power the activive shielding on my I/C's and speaker cables. Has anyone upgraded to the Quattro from the MPC's and if so did you notice any change in sound? Did it actually make things easier to route or not worth the extra dough? How much do the Quattro's run and now many connections are supplied with the unit? Thanks for any help in advance!
harris1204
I own the Quarttro. I started with the original box. That was a joke;don't buy one. The cable would fall out of the box and fry the module inside. I sent mine in at least 3 times and got bad advice. They upgraded me to their second gen. box (called X);free. Still the same problem. Fastforward to about a year ago,they allowed me to purchase the Quattro for 300, (I think it retails for 1200). Finally a better mouse trap.This box has bnc's and tight fitting connector pins. I feel the sound isn't quite as good---but, it could be because the box required burn-in.On each ocasion I tried the "with, and without" I could hear no dif.---On the older boxes the with and without were dramatic to say the least.
In the end if I had to start all over I would never bought these cables. I have 10k in SR cables. I feel there is as good, without the hassle. I have only read that their box is better than their mpc's.---I have also read about the older boxes being better than the Quattro---But, Mom said don't believe every thing you read.
One more thing: When I changed power cords on the box from the master coupler to the Ref master cord BIG DIF. as well.
To recap, more money, counting the box and a great cord for it, more complication with the extra wires going to the box--- I guess you can tell I don't work for S.R..
The quattro was introduced in 2004. Synergistic just came out with a new line of cables. So my guess they may come out with a new power center for their cables. You can e-mail them from their website.

I plug my MPC's into a power strip. They sound fine to me. Unless you really want to spend the $$$, it looks like you will need a resolution Ref AC cord to go with it to really get the performance upgrade. I read that elsewhere also. You can find these items used here. The Quattro seldom comes up at $450.

Here is a link on some Retail prices on the unit. The Cable Company can also answer your questions. Give them a call they are honest and will not try to sell you one.

http://www.fatwyre.com/FATWYRE/fatwyre/emailnews904_p3.html

Good Luck!
I've been using the Quattro for about a year now and heard a marked differnce throughout the audio spectrum vs the MPC's. If your into SR cables, you gotta get this, and I guess it is easier to use than the MPCs. I just use an AC master coupler active and still could appreciate the difference.