Where do I make the long run IC or speaker cable?

I have the option of placing the amp near my speakers or leaving them where they are. Where would I benefit with a short ic cable run or short speaker cable run?
pedrillo
I looked at those threads. The consensus is long interconnects and short speaker cables because... the consensus before was long interconnects and short speaker cables because... the consensus before that was long interconnects and short speaker cables because...
When switching in my own sytem, I was looking not only at brands, but also lengths, 2x2.5 m SC sound different compared to 2x4m and 0.5m IC differs from 1m and so on.

I would keep IC short (2x1m), and get LOWER GAUGE LONGER SPEAKER CABLES. Typically better cables (higher in product line) have bigger gauges. Try lowering the gauge, thus keeping the amount of conductor material more or less the same.

>I have the option of placing the amp near my speakers or >leaving them where they are. Where would I benefit with a >short ic cable run or short speaker cable run?
I like the speed and sound of short speaker cables over longer ones. But to each his own.