Cables for Merlin VSM-MXe speakers

Hi guys,

Ordered new MXe's and wondered about speaker cable.

Currently have Synergistic Research Signature no.1 (old!) and wondered about new cable.

I know Audience AU24 is recommended but what else is good?

Regards

Richard
enjoy_the_music
I have all Cardas Golden Reference including bi-wired speaker cables on my VSM-MX's. I recently substituted Gregg Straley's Reality Cables for both the speaker wires and I/C's with great results - faster and more focused. Bass was even better articulated. Definitely more "up front" presentation which you may or may not like depending on your taste. They are a bargain ($225 and up) assuming they work well with your components like they did with mine. If you don't like them they usually re-sell instantly.
I highly recommnend the use of Purist Cables with the Merlin VSMs - particularly the Aqueous Annniversary (although I am pretty sure Dominus would also work well, if you have the $$$). In my system, it outperformed, among others, Cardas Golden Reference by a significant degree.
Skip,

Yes, TG. Not all silver is as you think. Many can vouch for the pairing of TG and Merlins, including me. It is what I currently use.
I agree with TG audio as well, I a have 4-5' of both TG and Golden Ref here. The TG has a bigger stage, better bass soundstaging, more rear hall info,...... on most amps with my Merlins it isn't really that close.

The Golden Ref seems more upfront, with a slightly deeper stage (but less focused rear of stage too vs TG), a little less soundstage height with the Cardas, very similar soundwise/tonality, with the TG being a bit more musical and really bringing 19th and 20th century symphonies home in a big way (see Bob Neill's review on positive feedback it's pretty accurate, just note Bob isn't a big soundstaging guy though). The TG goes better with my older Blue Circle BC2 and Joule amps. but the non-phase inverted lastest Blue Circle amps (with balanced amp output stages ie current on both + and - vs most regular amps having signal on + only with the - being a return only) the non-directionality on Cardas Golden Ref seems to work better. The very directional Tg Audio wires on the latest Blue Circle amps seems a bit more "phasey" as the Black or - return in the Tg audio is as highly directional as the + Red. It is the ONLY amp I have heard where the Cardas Golden Ref Biwire beat the TG - barely (as I am very phase sensitive).
How much money do you want to spend? I'd recommend Stereovox Reference, that is what I'm using with my MX's, although I know that it is not Bobby's favorite. It is a good bit more expensive than the other cables mentioned here, I think. I'd agree with Mattybumpkin that not all silver is created equal.