Longer Power Cords Sound better?

In my quest for power cords, i have noticed that a longer cord say 6 or 8 feet tends to have a nicer sound in my system that the same models that are 3 or 4 feet.
Power cords i have found this to be true include Cerious Tech, Cardas, and VH Audio....anyone have an explanation?

AND by nicer sound I mean they tend to have a richer midrange, and a more coherent top to bottom presentation.
ie
Sorry Zaikesman,

I stayed up far too late last night and was feeling punchy after spending too many hours composing new web content.

I overreacted to your cop-out comment and replied with a vigor I should reserve for more important things.

Funny, to wake up with a fresh mind one day, and be surprised at what you wrote with a sleepy, work addled mind the night before.

My apologies.

Grant

Tplavas: Cryogenics? More fodder for lots of circular argument. I'll stear clear of that one. :-)
No problem, Grant (BTW, my name is Alex, I'm located in metro DC, and you and I have spoken by phone in the past, if that helps in any way). I appreciate your caveats about the time and place Caelin made his recommendation. But I can't fail to note that your spirited defense of what I thought was a pretty trivial comment is taking place here, today, among overwhelmingly power cord "believers", as Tplavas puts it (personally, I think we're considerably past the stage of "belief" or "non-belief" among people who've actually done the critical listening). In this context, in a discussion not without some real controversy concerning whether longer PC's actually do sound better than shorter ones, I don't think it's being too critical or unfair to state the obvious: That recommending a minimum length of 3 ft., when that's the shortest PC's come anyway, and cautioning about why 2 ft. is impractical when everybody knows this, simply isn't saying much of anything. But I apologize for seeming a bit cynical; of course I realize that Shunyata still needs to sell 3 ft. cords same as everybody else in the biz -- if you went too strongly the other way, I guess people would just accuse you of trying to get us to spend more on longer cords! I understand that you and Caelin fundamentally concur with the assertion at hand, and that you came on the thread to lend whatever credibility you could to that stance, so I hope we can just 'agree to agree', as it were, about the larger point here and move on.

Thanks Alex,

Regarding 1meter or less, we get at least 2 dozen direct queries (phone calls) a year for one-meter or less PC's, maybe half of which are asking after less than one meter.

These phone or e-mail queries are all directed to me and I do my level best to inform, not dissuade the purchase of a 1m PC. We will not make a shorter length, but I am aware of companies that will, and do.

There is a growing contingent of "I don't want my wife or I to see any cable" customers. They are out there and I hear from some of them. There is no great savings btw a 1m and a 1.8m power cord as most of the labor is in the terminations, so when I explain, most understand, other than those concerned more with aesthetics. Stll, we made over 900 1m power cords last year, so there are those that just order them outright, and have them. I'm guessing, but I'd predict most of those 1m sales were overseas.

Regards,

Mr Hogwash.
Thank you for the constructive remark BOJACK. Are you planning to share somefirst hand experience with us?