New Mac Mini Outputs

I was thinking about a Mac Mini as a first step into PC Audio (24/96), but I see the new one has only USB, HDMI, and Firewire. Would it be better to buy a used Mini with S/PDIF, or not, and if so what model? Thanks.
mcondo
This string was about when mack releaseed the unibody Mini MC270LL/A 2.4GHZ 2GB 320GB HD...
Now that is the old oen and they just released the new ones: MC815LL/A and MC816LL/A (both with no drive built in anymore). I have spare outboard drives, so the question I pose now is Mini MC270LLA OR newer MC815LL/A?
This string was originally about when mac releaseed the unibody Mini MC270LL/A 2.4GHZ 2GB 320GB HD...
Now that is the old one and they just released the new ones: MC815LL/A and MC816LL/A (both with no drive built in anymore). I have spare outboard drives, so the question I pose now is Mini MC270LLA OR newer MC815LL/A?
Also, assuming I do the MC270LLA (June 2010), what are the setup steps you can do yourself cost effectively instead of sending it to Mach2music?
Tubesrule:
I would pick up a MC270LL/A if you can find one rather than the 2011 version. The reasons are: (1) the 2011 version has 4 USB ports ( like the 2010 model) but only 2 USB buses and the 4 USB ports are shared with internal devices, so there is no way to have a dedicated port for a USB DAC. This is the situation with all the i5 and i7 Apple notebooks as well. On the otherhand the 2010 model has 4 seperate USB buses so it is easy to find an empty (non-shared) port for the USB DAC. (2) The 2011 also run Lion and it seems that most users prefer the sound from Snow Lepoard and there is no way to go backwards on the new products. There is a thread over on the Asylum where there is more info on this. (3) the 2011's run considerable hotter than the previous generation. Who knows but there is a chance there maybe problems in the future like in some of the Apple laptops that were being fried! I saw where some users were putting their new Mac mini on a cooler pad to help prevent this. There is no need to have an i5/i7 processor for a dedicated music server. Another negative for the Lion operating syatem is that there are more background processes running that can not be easily shutdown.
The new minis sound better according to mach2music and most forums plus they have thunderbolt..... So in the future you will have a high performance thunderbolt ext hardrive or for now a FireWire 800 hd...... With the apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse I only use 1 usb out of the 4 to the dac anyway...... Unless ripping using the SuperDrive....... External SuperDrive is also better as it is unplugged when not in use (less computer noise and resource use)...... And if it breaks...... Not problem.

Lion is a work in progress for audio ........ I'm sure 1yr from now snow leopard will be forgotten.

Not sure about the heat thing....... Mine never gets hot unless converting digital video..... Then the fan comes on every now and again..... Fan is noisy
The biggest issue I have with the new mini is that the installed iLife 11 didn't come with IDvd........ so I had to re buy the retail CD of iLife11 to get it (what a con)..... Apple don't sell the retail packs anymore, the iLife app doesn't have it........

They're pushing this iCloud to replace optical drives....... So if you burn digital camera videos or pics to DVDs look out.......