CD Tweeks...Improve Ripped SQ?

Hi All,

I'm seriously considering coming over to the geek side of music playback. :-}

All of my shinny polycarbonate and aluminum platters have had CD treatment done to them.

The process I use is:
1) Optrix Cleaner
2) Audio Desk CD Lathe with black edge marker
3) Nespa Pro 30sec treatment
4) Acoustic Revive RD-3 Demagnetize

So the big question is...

Does a treated ripped CD sound better than an untreated ripped CD?

Anyone A/B a standard CD to a treated CD after ripped to a hard drive?

Thanks,
128x128rodge827
Alfe. Wrote,

"there is no pit and lands in a CD-R!!!
a CD-R is a blank data spiral with a photosensitive dye.
the write laser changes the color of the dye (dark and clear) and that sit.
and because the dye is photosensitive every time you read the disc you are adding errors."

But we're not talking about CD-Rs, we're talking about CDs. Ripping CDs, to be accurate. Refer to the original post.
Mapman, the evidence is there, you just dismiss it. You know, the evidence of others' experience with coloring CDs, demagnetizing CDs, ionizing CDs, CD enhancer fluids and so forth. Those who are actually trying these things. All these demands for PROOF, you know, as opposed to EVIDENCE, are a little illogical and if you don't mind my saying so the last resort of a stubborn naysayer who just found out he's run out of ammo. By "ammo" I'm referring to an actual argument, you know, a scientific argument. And evidence to support your argument would be nice.
"Mapman, the evidence is there, you just dismiss it. "

Actually no I do not dismiss it. I merely judge as inconclusive in this particular case (ripping CDs) at this particular time for the reasons that have been stated by others even above.

In the case of playing CDs, I think there could be something to color tweaks affecting the sound, but like fancy fuses (which I also do believe can sound different) its a non issue for me. Not to say it may be for others. More power to you if so.

BTW Geoff sells CD color tweaks here on agon, so I will defer to him to make the case for those as needed and wish the buyer good luck. Maybe he'll toss in a free alarm clock with a color dot on it as well to help sweeten the deal. :^)
Alfe wrote,

"The name for what you are describing"as scattering of laser light" is diffracted order and they are considered on the SalomonReed correction."

Actually the scattered light is not considered by the Reed Solomon codes, which were implemented to deal with fingerprints and certain scratches, the ones in the radial direction. Reed Solomon obviously cannot deal some things, such as scratches in the direction of the physical data spiral.

One can observe that Reed Solomon codes are obviously unable to deal with scattered light by coloring CDs. It's a very convincing experiment.
Geoffkait

Sorry you are right, we are not talking about CD-Rs
and also it's Reed solomon algorithm not Salomon Reed ¨-)

cheers