CD Tweeks...Improve Ripped SQ?

Hi All,

I'm seriously considering coming over to the geek side of music playback. :-}

All of my shinny polycarbonate and aluminum platters have had CD treatment done to them.

The process I use is:
1) Optrix Cleaner
2) Audio Desk CD Lathe with black edge marker
3) Nespa Pro 30sec treatment
4) Acoustic Revive RD-3 Demagnetize

So the big question is...

Does a treated ripped CD sound better than an untreated ripped CD?

Anyone A/B a standard CD to a treated CD after ripped to a hard drive?

Thanks,
128x128rodge827
http://www.eetkorea.com/ARTICLES/2002MAR/2002MAR25_AMD_MSD_DA_AN.PDF?SOURCES=DOWNLOAD

see this link for information about pit structure and also notice the size of a laser spot, so reflectivity is not an issue no need to enhance it with any placebo product.
Steve: recordable disc will never be as good as molded disc because burning the dye even at 1X with a laser head which is mounted on spring is creating Bler which is known today as physical jitter because of the vibration of the spring itself.
And also, because of the size of the pit is not regular the groove should be accurate to avoid track pitch change which is not the case on recordable CD that's why for good quality mastering we use exabyte tape.

Geoffkait: we know that we are surrounded with gurus that if BS was music they all be king of jazz
Mapman wrote,

"I'd have to agree that CD treatments for ripping in particular are mostly BS as well."

Mapman, the view from 40,000 ft. - you have a long way to go. You are the poster child for the Backfire Effect.

Cheers
GEoff, maybe.

We'll find out when you actually present some real scientific evidence of anything having to do with sound quality and I then fortify my position without considering the evidence. Otherwise, I will reserve my right to express my opinions as well.
Alfe wrote,

"see this link for information about pit structure and also notice the size of a laser spot, so reflectivity is not an issue no need to enhance it with any placebo product."

The (primary) problem is the scattering of the laser light while the data is being read. The laser light is scattered by the pits themselves as well as the clear polycarbonate layer. Both the visible red component of the scattered light as well as the invisible component of the light can be detected by the photodetector as real signal. Therein lies the problem: the detector is a "stupid" device and cannot distinguish between pure reflected light from the physical Lands and the background scattered light. This is why coloring CDs to absorb the visible red AND absorbing invisible scattered light are so profound. Having said that, I can certainly understand how someone can convince himself that he is hearing everything. After all, CDs have always been marketed as Perfect Sound Forever. I'm afraid we are in the process of learning just how imperfect they actually are.
there is no pit and lands in a CD-R!!!
a CD-R is a blank data spiral with a photosensitive dye.
the write laser changes the color of the dye (dark and clear) and that sit.
and because the dye is photosensitive every time you read the disc you are adding errors.