isolation transformer vs line conditioner

I have a single pseudodedicated line ( line form fuse box at home only supply stereo equip. & lights of that room.)
I am considering a line conditioner like BPT3.5 or shunyata hydra at the outlet vs an isolation transformer interpose betw. the fuse box and the outlet in that room.
Which would provide most bang for bucks?
Where can i buy isolation transformer cheap? 5kv topaz is more than a grand.
WHich LC is better? shunyata or bpt?
128x128glai
Sean, what do you recommend in a iso transformer, i.e brand, make, - - let's say for digital, dac / transport. And also for the amp?
Scotty: You guys are killing me with stuff that can be found in the archives. The more times that i have to repeat myself, the less time i have to help in other areas : )

The two brands that i've had the best luck with were Xentek and Topaz. That does not mean that everything that Xentek and Topaz makes will be suitable for what you want. We are primarily interested in the ultra-isolation types although their standard iso's are still FAR superior to a toroidal design. Just make sure that the max load used by all of the equipment doesn't exceed 60% of the rating of the transformer. Using heavy enough gauge wire in and out of the Iso is also important.

Bare in mind that some transformers of equivalent KVA rating and isolation figures can have different size cores. If both transformers are identical in terms of electrical spec's and power ratings, go with the one that has the largest core. Sean
>
Sean, Thanks, and sorry, I found the 'archived' posts where you recommend the Xentek and Topaz, after the fact :). I know you were going to post something to the effect of how to make the 'best' out of dedicated lines using Romex....which is what I used...now that you have time in other areas...:)...what are your thoughts on this one? Or, did you post it somewhere else already? Scott
Sean, torrids are much more expensive than "off the shelf" EI transformers. That and just about everything else you have said in this thread is wrong. If you or anybody else would like to know the truth about transformers used in audio amplifier power supplies it is spelled out very nicely at bryston.ca news letters volume 8 #4 and #5. It is nonsense to think that a manufacturer would save money with a cheaper transformer, then turn around and put 2 into every amp where 1 will do! I know that Bryston amps have really grown in popularity and there is no doubt that the amps have improved in sound quality, at the same time they switched from EI to torrids. Strange thing to happen if EI transformers made better audio amplifier transformers, but they don't, torrids do. I should warn audiogoners that the newsletters contain some pretty contrasting information on a few subjects I have read about in these forums. I know this thread is about 115volt utility supplied mains, so for that subject your brutal reality can also be found within the newsletters. merry christmas (dec.24)
You might want to check out the Audio Magnum line conditoiner from www.musicaldesign.com just click on accessories when you go on their web site