Power Cord Burn-In

I know, I know...this has been posted before but I swear I searched the archives and couldn't find what I was looking for so here's my question:
Just purchased a new pc for my cdp.
Can I burn this cord in without turning up the volume( family factor) and can I leave my preamp and amp off during this process. In other words, can I simply throw a disc in my cdp and press play/repeat and let the music play with no volume?
Thanks!
greh
I needed to break in a power cord real fast once, so I hooked it up to my ex-girlfriend's Hitachi Magic Wand Personal Massager. I think she liked the Hitachi better than me, so it was no surprise the PC got burned in in record time!
It might work better to use a Refrigarator ,but if you do not have an adaptor then using a computer is the best to use I have found or anything that has big current draw.
Thanks to all for your responses.
Presently have the cord hooked up to my Dell.
When to Home Depot after work and asked about the adapter and the guy looked at me like I was nuts-not the first time that's happened...
Anyway, I'll be going to a electrical supply house tomorrow.
Thanks again!
Hey Gunbei, did your ex mention her massage had better focus and a blacker background with the pc you were nice enough to let her use(:
Greh,

Blacker background? I don't know about that, but she did mention something about blacking out afterwards, heheh.

In all seriousness, a computer or refrigerator should do the trick. Good luck!
While a computer is a decent alternative if a fridge or chest freezer is unavailable, there really isn't much of a comparison. When the fridge compressor kicks in, it is drawing substantially more than any computer will, and, as a result it will burn in a cord much more effectively. At least that is my experience having burned in cords on a fridge that I had thought had been previously fully burned in on a computer and then on various pieces of equipment (amps, line conditioners, CD players) for 6 months or more.