Power Cord Burn-In

I know, I know...this has been posted before but I swear I searched the archives and couldn't find what I was looking for so here's my question:
Just purchased a new pc for my cdp.
Can I burn this cord in without turning up the volume( family factor) and can I leave my preamp and amp off during this process. In other words, can I simply throw a disc in my cdp and press play/repeat and let the music play with no volume?
Thanks!
greh
I would concur with Richard that running the cord on the CDP is not the place to do it and you need more current. That being said, I have experienced very positive results "burning in" cords on a refrigerator or chest freezer using a simple 3 prong female to male iec adapter that I had thought were previously burned in and had been running on my integrated amp and line conditioner for months. You can pick up one of these adapters at most electronics supply houses, possibly at larger computer stores, for about $3.

Based on this experience, I have no trouble believing in those who have experimented with cable cookers or have sent their cables out to be cooked, but that obviously is a more expensive and time consuming proposition.
I also do what Panny does, but only for 4-5 days.

Computers are good for audio AC cord break-in, they have 100-200 watt power supply and don't tie up stereo system.
Turn off sleep/hybernation power mode on computer when using to break in AC cord.
Yep - use a computer. Better yet, if you have access to any IT guys, get them to use it as a power cord on a good-sized network server for about 4 days. The mid-sized servers use 300-500w power supplies, and they are used 24/7.
I'm a fridge/freezer guy. Apparently the motors make them a good choice for burn-in. If you get a couple of adapters you can even daisy-chain the PCs to do several at once.