Cable "burning": Real or VooDoo ???

While i have my opinions on this subject, i'd love to hear from others that have tried various methods of "burning in" cables, what was used to do it, what differences were noticed ( if any ), etc... Please be as specific as possible. If your a "naysayer" in this area, please feel free to join in BUT have an open mind and keep this thread on topic. Sean
>
sean
Shame on you too Stevemj, there you go, protecting the scientific evidence again. Obviously it is more important for you to be "scientific" about all this, than finding what works. As far as 702, I hope that this topic is being monitored, obviously you have even less respect for the people that host us, than those of us that BLINDLY follow the rules. Now that is a blind test! I hope you do not expect us to have any compassion for you when you are banned for failure to follow Audiogon's request. Pretty much tells me what I need to know about your character and integrity. Why would I ever believe in a method set forth by a person who has such blatant disregard for the rules? Or is it a fact that because you are such a clever engineer, that the rules do not apply to you?
I agree with you 110% Albert. I am trying my best to fit in. I have expressed none of my opinions about HIFI stuff for days. Perhaps you could provide me with a list of things that are appropriate for me to say.
Stevemj: Much like the spoiled, obnoxious child who is severely lacking social graces and in need of direction, please allow me to give you the proper direction you so sorely require:

1) Your sarcastic demeanor is inappropriate.

2) Your inability to contribute any meaningful dialog across multi-topic discussions is forgone conclusion.

3) Your banter is ill conceived and mean spirited.

4) You are dreadfully inexperienced, ignorant and you are quickly wearing out your welcome on this site.

Except your failure of refined social skill sets and work hard to improve yourself. Get out of your dull existence and find some attention that will bring you positive fulfillment thereby giving your life validation, credibility and purposeful meaning. I trust this satisfies the request for direction that you asked for. -Jerie
You posted:

You just won't behave yourself . Just because you are an electrical engineer who works in audio and nearly everyone else who posts here doesn't even understand electricity, doesn't give you the right to go
making stupid anti-group statements. Right on JD, I'm with you pal.

Do you sincerely believe your dialogue is supportive of the people who visit here? Looks more like a backhanded slap at us poor slobs that do not understand electricity. Why do you offer cloaked praise for 702 "the engineer," and then act surprised that we have not seen a change in your posting habits?

As for 702, I do not know what kind of engineering you do, but you certainly do not fit the profile of the people I know in audio. Four days ago I wrote three top audio engineers, one in speakers, one in amplifiers and one in cable. All three shuttered at the topic of scientific argument. I am asking permission right now to reprint their replies. These engineers have chosen to move past the discussion stage, they provide state of the art product to the real world.
Jadem, 702's post is on topic. His opinion obviously is that DBTs are the only scientifically valid way to compare new and "burned-in" cables. I happen to disagree with him, an agree with you, but I think that in this thread his comments are on topic and were invited by the title of the thread.

Scientists have been around a lot longer than double blind tests, observing things, recording their observations, testing hypotheses. For myself, I reject the notion that I am biased in favor of finding or not finding difference in cables, ie, that my observations are untrustworthy. I trust myself. And for that reason, I am interested in what other people have to say about differences in cables and whether burning in makes a difference.

On topic: I have never found any difference between brand new interconnects and well-seasoned interconnects, and the idea of burning-in cables makes no sense to me. But, but, I have found huge changes in speaker cables after a few hours of use. More bass, more clarity, better soundstaging and imaging. I dont really care if it makes sense and Im certainly not interested in proving it to anyone.