Cable "burning": Real or VooDoo ???

While i have my opinions on this subject, i'd love to hear from others that have tried various methods of "burning in" cables, what was used to do it, what differences were noticed ( if any ), etc... Please be as specific as possible. If your a "naysayer" in this area, please feel free to join in BUT have an open mind and keep this thread on topic. Sean
>
sean
Just using the shoes as a example. Might have been a poor use of words but you get the idea.
Brulee pretty much summed up my feelings and experiences with "wire" burn in. I often use the XLO burn-in CD. BTW, where do you get the wire burn-in devices? I too am tired of running all my electronics 14 hrs. a day to burn in wires. Sean; it's pretty much been my experience that new wires are often excessively bright, sometimes to the point of glaring/smearing of mids and low treble, but smooth out considerabley with use-- bass usually tightens up too. Bob B.-- good story about the Syn. Res. ICs. As Avguy and Richard stated, and I agree, there's no point in trying to turn this thread into another whizzing contest. Cheers. Craig.
.........should have been more specific-- Brulee, Ramesh where do you get the Duo Tech burn in devices? Re: the Nordost, I'm guessing they have a website? Thanks. Craig
Sean; just gotta' add: I think your thread is good, but the title-- shall we say "a bit provocative"? IMO. I'll quit now....Craig