Cable Costs Relative to System

Since making a spread sheet with my audio system prices, I have been thinking(shocked) about my total investment in cables. My total system retails at $67,000 (Digital and analog front ends included). I purchased all of it here on Audiogon so my investment is about 50%. Of that I have about 10% invested in interconnects and cables and another 10% in Power Cables (Shunyata Hydra included). That's $13,000 worth of wire. I'm starting to question whether it might be more effective to put some of this budget into acitve components. It would take forever to listen to all possible combinations, but would like to hear others experiences with relatively high end systems and cable selection. It would seem to me that the point of diminishing returns would be reached sooner with cables than with speakers and amps. Do most of you follow the 10% "rule" for cabling? How do PCs fit into this rule? Are there any super bargain cables capable of keeping up with highly resolving electronics?
metaphysics
lol. I usually have to listen to cables for a while and then i start to hear the differences. Sometimes, it is night and day.
Like Comfedboy, I felt that the money should pretty much all go into components until I started listening to different power cords and cables. Now I'd put the auto analogy another way. To me, putting cheap cables on good equipment is like putting worn, under rated tires on a Porsche. You spent all that money on audio equipment, but still aren't hearing what its capable of. I'm not saying that more expensive is always better, but there are better and worse cables out there. The hydra power conditionerds made a huge improvement in my system.
As long as you can hear the differance, fell it is worth it and can afford it then it does not matter the cost of either. IMHO.
Post removed 
I use a DIY thin ribbon SC that cost a tiny fraction of other component's and beats the band. The Speltz IC does all that can be done letting the boys in the band through. I is the power cables where I have to drop the bucks. They provide the grand ole stage.