Oh where or where have all the buyers gone?

Has anyone noticed that NOTHING is selling around here anymore? Not just around here, but used audio in general is taking a big hit and there is a ton of merchandise that is for sale that never even gets a response.

I have put several items up for sale at very aggressive pricing and have had little or no replies from buyers. Sure the views are high, lots of lookers but all of the buyers have just disappeared. Am I imagining this or are others observing the same things?
ericbee
Yes, I think your observation is correct. It may be due to the effects of the economic recession -- buyers of used gear presumably need to save money, and hence may be the category of buyer that is forced to be frugal right now. Also, I have found that the summer months are usually slower than the winter months, when audiophiles typically spend more time with their hobby. Perhaps we could ask the Bush administration for a "used audio gear economic stimulus package", since we are an economic special interest group...
I know that the prices on models that I keep my eye on seem to have dropped quite a bit of late - I didn't know if that's because they've been around for a while or because everything is just down right now. It's a great time to be a buyer I guess. -Kirk
A small sample for sure, but I'm noticing the same thing on eBay too. I've been trying to sell some stuff there and bids are LOW or non-existant. Cheers? Craig
I agree with much of Sdcampbell's post that part of the
current situation is due to the economy and in part to warmer weather.
I've had several items for sale on the 'Gon; and one or
two sold quickly and the others just languished - with little response. I think a lot simply has to do with the
type of equipment being sold. Better known brand names -
Audioquest, McIntosh, Krell, etc. seem to be selling fairly
well - but more esoteric equipment may sit for days on end.
Having a slow economy certainly doesn't help a lot, either.
Also, it is now May and warmer weather is already here
in some parts of the country. And for a lot of people that
means getting outdoors again, traveling to new places, and
lots of activities that don't necessarily include audio. But I suspect the situation will change as the summer months come to a close.