Vinyl Record Cafe's

The other day I was in the SF Bay Area (Vallejo CA) and walked into a Cafe there called Nathan's and they have a public turntable for people to bring in their own records while sipping coffee or tea.

It was a big hit and everyone loved it.

I got into a discussion with a younger patron who didn't know why it sounded good. What do you tell people who are interested in analog.. why it's better etc?
astralography
This is a great idea for raising awareness of vinyl and audiophilia. I hope hifi gear makers/sellers and record store owners reach out to local cafes and business to promote this. Instead of the ubiquitous "Free Wifi" sign, wouldn't it be cool to see "BYO Vinyl" or something like that catch on.
I like vinyl. It sounds so much better and everyone there agreed. I'm motivated to upgrade the system in there. It's not a great system by standards here, but still sounded great compared to Pandora or other digital offerings.

I think there was more to the era of classic vinyl that people understand. I am also a musician and at least for me, the digital era of Pro Tools and digital editing has lowered the bar and allowed too many poor or even no musicians to enter the game. It's brought the quality down considerably.

I have an all analog studio, tape machines, all tube amps and I tracked with a bass player three songs... all first takes. It would have taken a Pro Tools musician weeks to do what we did, and they would never get the live feel and interplay.

I do want to educate people's ears to either the way things should be, or remind the folks of my generation what they have been missing.

The recording of music by musicians should be simple if the players and instruments sound are good and the music is happening.

Record it on tape, mix it on 1/2 track tape, press it on vinyl.

I really do think it was better the old way.
This week 3 I will spin up

Issac Hayes "To be Continued"
Blind Faith
Grateful Dead "Blues for Allah"
The Doors "LA Woman"
Digital completed the job of what transistors started, namely the ruination of reproduced music in the home. Yes, CDs can sound great ... but MP3's? Bleech! I can put Paul Desmond right there between the speakers sounding live ... with a mono record. Try that with digital.