Vintage Thoren TD160 vs new turntables

I have a stock Thorens 160 with a Nagaoka MP110.

i was thinking to upgrade the cartridge but noticed there seem to be some good new turntable options with graphite tonearms that come with good cartridges.

Any comments on vintage vs new would be appreciated.

( i can get over the cool factor of having a vintage turntable)
fivefasts
Post removed 
True dat...true dat boys. But I enjoy the process ~ especially after two weeks... finally gettin it right in the groove...it's like a whole new awsome upgrade for free.
thanks for the input
i see that Audible illusions recommends specific cartridges for my 2d.

i get the project idea… i like projects but i seem to have too many right now.

I really wanted to know if you can just spend $600 and get a good turntable instead of working on the Thorens. It seems like its up in the air and personal preference like the rest of the Audio world!
Fivefasts ... been there and done this. I used to own the same Thorens with stock arm, .... the TD or TP 16. I since moved on to a tricked out VPI Classic with an upgraded Classic 3 300 rpm motor and Classic 3 tone arm and wand.

I wish I could it was a close call ... but it wasn't. The VPI Classic is built like a tank The tone arm wand can handle pretty much any low to medium cartridge on the market.

If you're really in the market for a new TT, you won't go wrong with a VPI. I also suggest the Lyra Kleos or at least Delos for a cartridge.

Consider preowned to save bucks, even a basic Classic 1 or 2. The factory can work with you as with me to trick it out with Classic 3 add-ons.

Regards,

BIF