Cartridge for Rega RP3 or RP6 in AN system

Hi,
I'm one of the many getting back into vinyl. My budget for a turntable is 1000 Dollars, so I am thinking of getting a Rega RP3 or a used RP6. Let me know if there's anything significantly better for $1000.

The Rega Exact cartridge seems fine, but the cartridge is a really important element, so I am very interested in hearing with experience in using different quality cartridges on the RP3. My budget for the cartridge is 600 Dollars.

My system:
Audio Note Meishu amplifier, Audio Note J speakers, Audio Note Spe speaker cables, Sogon signal cable

My budget for a phono stage is $1000 and I'm considering a Croft Acoustics, but perhaps also just a Rega Phono MM.

Musical preferences: Classical music from all time periods, lots of acoustic jazz, country, bluegrass.

Thanks in advance

Fred
fabsound
Under $1,500.00 you cannot go wrong with Rega.

RP3, RP6, modified or not, they will give ANY other TT company a run for their money. Fast, detailed, with enough PRaT that will give Linn a healthy dose of goosebumps!

Better TTs out there? Absolutely! But for a lot more $$$.

As Schubert mentioned before, the Exact seems to get little respect. IMHO, excellent for the price. However, not better than the likes of DV 10x5, AT 150MLX, or Denon DL 103R.

Not a big fan of Pro-ject arms. Rega arms are, and always will be, the staple of affordable built tonearms.

Now, for classical/jazz, the extremely affordable Marantz TT-15 with included Clearaudio Virtuoso Ebony Wood cartridge is the way to go. Pair it with any $500.00 phono pre of choice and..........well, the rest is up to you.
Thanks to everyone for sharing your wisdom. This is really helpful. Thanks also for respecting my budget. The only remsining question for me is the phono stage. I'm thinking about going with the rega phono stage for a start and then replace it later when I can afford it. However, if anyone has experience with tube based phono stages for under $1000, I'd be grateful to hear from you.
Thanks!
Have not heard the Eastern Electric Minimax Phono Pre but used it would come under $1000. Got great reviews back in the day.
Most of my vinyl musical pleasure comes from small ensemble acoustic jazz ..... for me, to my ears, in my room, and within the context of my system, the Nagaoka MP-150 is a beautiful match for my Rega P3-24. I started with the Exact 2, but after the cantilever snapped off, I was forced to buy a new cartridge. The guys at Needle Doctor recommended the Nagaoka, and I am extremely happy with it. Please take a look at my system ..... The sound of music is sublime.
Thanks, I'd like to compare the AT 150 and the Nagaoka MP 150. The DV 10x5 is a moving coil and the phono stage might only support moving magnet.
A good tube phono stage probably costs $2000, so I will likely go with the Rega phono MM and replace it in 2-3 years with an Audio Note M2. My dealer has a used M1 but I hear that the smaller AN phono stages are underpowered.