Got an LP cleaner you want to make money on?

The subject has come up about cleaning vinyl LPs and how expensive some of the effective LP cleaners are out there. Usually out of the monetary reach of the average vinyl player who still would like to listen to clean, quiet LPs on their turntables.

I was wondering, since many of the members here may own such equipment, whether there might be a chance to connect through Audiogon some of the owners of these cleaners who may be willing to offer their use, for a price of course, with the vinyl lovers in their particular area.

At least they could recoup some of the cost and at the same time help out others of like interests, namely enjoying listening to LPs with the least amount of pops and snaps..

What do you think? Would you owners of such equipment be interested such a service?
altaylorwood
I have a Ultrasonic V8 cleaner. Here in San Antonio we have a local audio club. The Ultrasonic can clean 8 records at a time. I offer to any member a free cleaning and so far no one has taken me up on the offer although a couple of people have expressed interest. I guess for most people it is too much bother
Alan
There is an ebay record vendor who touts steam, plus VPI, plus ultra-sonic cleaning of his used records for sale and if memory serves, he also offers a cleaning service for customers to send him their records to clean. If you can't find him, i'll try and dig out his name.
Frankly, given the fact that you can buy a VPI 16.5 for less than 600 US, I don't think it is worth the trouble to travel, ship and deal with handling of records by a third party. Add some AIVS No. 15, a couple MoFi brushes and a 5 gallon container of reagent water, and you are in business. Perhaps not a Loricraft or Ultrasonic, but will get you pretty far along in your quest for a relatively minimal amount of money. And the VPI machine will last forever.
PS: if you have a couple friends who are local and similarly inclined, all of you could chip in and share a cleaning set up, as an alternative.
Hey Guys...Should newly sealed records be cleaned initially as well??? I've heard that record manufacturers spray some type of solvent (scratch resistant) on them before placing them in the sleeves...any thoughts???
I have always wanted to suggest a similar idea with a Furutech LP flattener for the guys in my part of the world. Plus I think this device yields a more consistant positive result than a cleaner?
I have an early model Keith Monks that I maybe use once a year. I do offer it to friends to use if they bring their own fluid and the arm's O ring which goes brittle and breaks from not being used for months. Judging by the fact that I havent had a friend come back for a second run, I have stopped offering. Maybe it's mostly because the results dont always meet their expectations. Plus I wont sit there and clean half their LPs, I show you on the first 2 sides and then you are on your own!