Original VPI Aries vs VPI classic 3

I currently have an original Vpi Aries and it works just fine. I was just thinking about upgrading tables and I have been looking at the Vpi classic 3. I'm wondering if this is worth the upgrade. I can get around 1800.00 for my table so I'm looking at spending about 4000.00 to get the classic 3.
taters
I have the original. If you don't already have one buy the SDS. Other than that I recommend the Black Diamond Racing pucks (made for the Aries) and fishing line.

I haven't heard the others and have no desire to upgrade. Spend your money on a new cart or a great phone preamp.

Tony
Tater

I just got the Classic 3 and I must say it is great. It retails for 6000 so you can afford it. What cart will you use?
You don't mention the tonearm you're using, so advice is provisional. Having owned the original Aries with an upgraded JWM 9 Signature arm and having heard the Classic 3, I don't think there's any comparison. You're comparing a good turntable with a near-reference level 'table. Take the money and get the Classic 3!

And please let us all know how you like it.