RCA to balanced

I have a BAT preamp. Would there be any advantage to buying Cardas adapters so I can use my balanced inputs. What would be the drawbacks. My interconnect from my phono pre is currently the Cardas Clear Light interconnect (RCA to RCA).
last_lemming
When you can afford it, buy a true balanced phono stage to go with your balanced linestage. Then, you've got something.
", buy a true balanced phono stage to go with your balanced linestage." Or buy a single ended phono pre with an output transformer like the K&K Audio Maxed Out. Transformer coupling can provide a true "balanced" out.
True, but then you are dealing with the limitations imposed by the transformer.
Sell the BAT preamp AND the single-ended phonostage and buy an Atmasphere MP-3 fully balanced preamp with a fully balanced ALL-TUBE phonostage built right in! You will need an XLR-terminated phono cable (from the tonearm to the MP-3's phono input) but that's it! And then you can really enjoy that MC cartridge, which actually is a balanced output device to begin with! No common ground (no crosstalk!) Big, big soundstage. And more (effective) output from the MC cartridge. Unless you have a really low output MC cartridge (less than 0.2 microvolts) the (3 gain stages) all-tube phonostage in the MP-3 preamp has plenty of gain - WITHOUT the need for a step-up transformers, or a (yucky) FET first gain stage.

Ralph (Atmasphere) doesn't want to toot his own horn, so I will! I'm still hounding him to come up with a standalone phonoamp, but life is short ;~)
Dear Nsgarch: IMHO could be not a good idea to have that standalone phonoamp because you will need additional connectors ( both ways ) and cable to IC to a line stage and maybe to a line stagev that maybe could not match on electrical parameters as input/output impedance in phono and line stage.

Of course that's an alternative to a Phonolinepreamp as the SUT is an alternative to active high gain phono stage. In all these alternatives exist trade-offs and we will choose those trade-offs that fulfil our music sound reproduction targets.

I'm with the Phonolinepreamp alternative and right now I started a " new adventure " with the SUT's option to evaluate it again.

regards and enjoy the music,
R.