New Delos cart

I just mounted my new Delos cart on my new VPI Scoutmaster II. The cart sounds a little bright and more forward compared to what I'm used to. Will this brightness subside over time, or is that the way this cart will sound? If it will essentially stay the same, does it's more sophisticated brothers (Kelos/Skala) have a more mellow sound? All I have read says the Delos sounds as good or better than it's more expensive counterparts.
handymann
Pani,

Just curious. What setup ( phono/arm/table/ampspeakers) did you use or listen to the Delos with?
Jaspert, I heard the Delos on a Rega P9 with RB1000 tonearm, 47 Labs phonostage, Naim 52 preamp with Naim 135 power amp driving a pair of ATC SCM20. I also had the Delos at home for a few days but at that time my spare TT (Technics SL1200) was playing, I tried the Delos on it also, though I was sceptical if it makes sense to judge the delos on a 1200. The Rega P9 experience was much better but that little HF issue never faded away.

I could hear that issue mostly on the high notes of a acoustic guitar. Those notes had a thin body and leads to a feeling of edgy shimmering HF. You could also try listening to track "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits to hear that effect to some extent.
After using a Dynavector 17D3 for 3 years on my VPI Classic 1, I upgraded to a Lyra Delos 2 months ago and I haven't looked back, I'm completely ecstatic and in awe of this cartridge. To my ears it has the same kind of neutrality across the frequency spectrum as the 17D3, but takes a huge leap ahead in terms of detail resolution, 3-dimensionality, presence, the breath of life, and that "you are there"-ness we love so much in our best sounding vinyl. I'm not kidding, the difference is huge, the 17D3 sounds dull and lifeless by comparison. It also rejects surface noise to a much larger degree than the 17D3. I recently pulled out an LP that I had an unpleasant time sitting through the last time I played it (with the 17D3) because of the poor, noisy pressing. I really thought this LP was a lost cause, but I decided to give it a shot with the Delos, and the Lyra cartridge literally rescued this record. Not only did the record become tolerable to sit through, but enjoyable as well, the music was not fighting to punch out above the bad pressing noise like it was with the 17D3. The surface noise was dramatically reduced, and the music just burst forth, illuminated. I suspect it has something to do with the Delos' long cantilever. The 17D3 has that stubby little cantilever, and I think the effect it has is to give you the surface noise at the same level of emphasis as the music.

My phono preamp is a Simaudio Moon 310LP, with the Delos loaded at 100 ohm with 54 db of gain, and it's a terrific combination. With the 17D3 I was using a pair of Telefunken 12au7 smooth plate tubes in my VTL 2.5 preamp, but I switched to a pair of Mullard CV4003 because I found they balance out the increased liveliness of the Delos better than the Telefunkens did.
Agreed that the 17D3 is no match to a Delos. I too had a 17D3 for a few days but I sold it within a week.
Pani,
That gives some context to your comments.
I use one too but i don't have such issue on my Phantom 2 or Reed 2A arm/Micro RX-5000. My system ( multi way active horn with lots of tube) is vastly different too which could be another factor.