VPI Classic Azimuth Seems to Change -- Normal??

I own the VPI Classic with a Classic 3 wand upgrade. The Classic 3 wand is stainless steel and incorporates Valhalla silver wiring. My carty is the VPI Zephyr. My set-up is pretty straightforward.

Here's what I noticed. I was checking aziumth and some other settings. I'm pretty sure that the azimuth changed when I moved the arm to the inner tracks. It was pretty stable in the middle and outer tracks. It seems that the Valhalla wire in some way is twisting the arm causing the change. To try and minimize the effect, I tried not to twist the wire, but to little effect.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions?
bifwynne
Harry prefers and recommends no anti-skating, and I, after listening for a year with anti-skating engaged as a principle, now also prefer the sound without anti-skating once I gave it a listen. Perhaps the rigidity of the tonearm wire provides enough anti-skating, I'm not sure, but I'm now in Harry's anti anti-skating camp.

Regarding the azimuth, did you try several records to ensure it's indeed the tonearm, not irregularities in the record? And most importantly, can you hear the variations in the azimuth?
Actusreus, yes . . . I tested the azimuth on several records. Same results. The answer to whether I can hear a difference: not really. Doesn't say much for my auditory acuity I suppose. I'm not going to obsess about this, but I am curious what Mike comes back with.

As I said before in other threads, I appreciate the build quality of VPI turntables. However, I think the unstabilized nature of the uni-pivot can present issues.
Bifwynne

As stated I set my azimuth with an angle protractor ($3.00) which gives me a repeatable and measurable point of reference. Like you I also don't use my antiskate on my Classic.

BTW, the hum is "FIXED" I can use any cartridge, Grado's, etc with absolutely no hum, nothing, nadda, nyet and all of that kinda stuff. You gotta email me to find out.
i have the same issue with my classic 1 with my azimuth swifting from one side to the other, and i also figured this by using a small japanese bubble level weighting 0.7 grams made for this purpose. the bubble level is placed on top of the headshell while stylus on a still record.

actually i also addressed this to mike n he has no firm answer to me too how this could happen..
Ok . .. here's where I stand. Mike sent me a new heavy-weight azimuth ring with large extension counterweights. I also went back to using the VPI azimuth checking rod. I think I am ok now. In any case, I'm not obsessing about it anymore. To my untrained ears, cross-talk doesn't seem to be a problem. Imaging and depth of field is VG. So now I just listen and enjoy. This hobby can make one nuts!!