VPI Traveler vs Pro-ject Xpression III?

Anyone heard these tables side by side in the same system with the same cartridge yet?

TIA
sbrownnw
The Project 3 is a nice turntable that comes with carbon fiber arm and cartridge (and detachable ic's)all for $699-.

The VPI Traveler with tonearm, good cartridge and ic's will be pushing $2,000.

I spent hours with the Project3 at CES this year and found it a bargain at this price. Solid and well built but not in the Traveler league as far as build quality, weight, tonearm and any other way you can objectively measure a turntable. I believe the Traveler's platter is heavier than the whole Project table/arm/platter so, side by side, they are very different in fit and finish. But, turntables are built to make music and that is very subjective, what sounds good to me may sound bad to you.

I would have used the ortofon mc-3 turbo, so that is a fixed cost of $350 and puts the Xpression lll at $1050 + $30 more for a clever clamp. It puts the Traveler at $1750 and puts the RP6 at $1850 + $25 for the diuble-sided suede mat I am using. You can find all of these at lower "demo" prices. I was lucky to hear all 3 tables with the same or very similar carts: the mc-3 turbo on both I owned and the Traveler had a 10x5 dynavector. I think the RP6 showed up in spades doing exactly what I wanted. I liked the traveler also except the startup belt slippage and creaking plus I wanted a little more PRAT from it.
I'm a music lover and physicist working in a lab full of equipment. While I have no love for the less than stellar (being polite) precision, speed stability, and bearing noise of a VPI's, nobody is doing anything better at the price and I'd take the VPI over the project. Projects are spotty, good luck talking to them for help, VPI is here and will be here.

It's beyond me why a commpany making class stuff, like SME or Basis, won't enter this price arena and really show us great stuff that is affordable.
There, if you don't trust a biochemist/molecular biologist (me), then for goodness sake trust a physicist!
About biological things I trust the biologist.

About mechanical things, things of physics, I trust the physicist.