Sota sapphire question-power supply fuse rating?

Hi; I have acquired an earthquake-damaged early vintage sota sapphire (serial no. 13522) which I'm trying to patch up. Have contacted Donna at sota for advice, but the always-helpful reply might take a while and I need to get it working ASAP!

There is a 1.25" fuse in power supply which has blown; I read a forum note here which said you can blow the transformer if you get the fuse rating wrong, but I can't find correct fuse ratings, or sapphire power ratings to determine these anywhere!

We are on 230v power here if it helps in determining correct fuse rating...any help appreciated.

Mom
yourmomm
I just took a look at the fuse in my Sota power supply. It says, "BUSS MDL 1/4" on one end and, "250V" on the other end. It is a slow blow fuse. It is the original fuse. I know because I bought the tt new.
Thanks Tony-any idea of the current rating then? "buss mdl 1/4" = 0.25A, 1A, or 4A, or none of these?! Never seen a fuse rating of "1/4" before....!
many thanks in advance forumites
Ahhh, no worries. Thanks Tony-found it! For anyone interested:

http://www.fruugo.co.uk/radioshack-025a-250v-fastacting-1x-glass-fuse-4pack/p-1316756?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product%2Bsearch

For the fast acting one...im presuming better safe than sorry and get a fast than a slow-not sure how time delayed fuse will protect power supply...but if anyone knows different do let me know. thanks once again all
You definitely want the slow blow fuse. When a motor starts it has a high in-rush current for several milliseconds. A standard fuse may blow due to that in-rush current.
Yeah thanks Tony I was just coming to that conclusion reading up on it a bit more...thanks for the headsup.

Anyone know any suppliers of these fuses? Can't find any in uk or in NZ (where I currently am...).

32mm x 6.3mm (1.25" x 0.25") 250v 0.25A slow blow fuses are not that easy to find on google!

Many thanks once again for all the help