Is there a list of cartridge capacitance?

My phono stage has various cap values, but I can't see the cap value of my cartridge(Clearaudio Talisman V2 Gold)anywhere in the literature from Clearaudio.

I do have the cap value for my tonearm cables,28pf/ft.

Has anyone found a list of cartridge capacitance that I can use to properly set the values on my phono stage?

Please,I've done enough experimenting, and the answer is there are numerous settings that "sound good", I would just like to confirm if what sounds good to my ears jives with what is prescribed to sound the best vis a vis the correct match up of capicitance between cartridge and tone arm wires.

lacee
Thanks Ncarv, that's a very useful site, unfortunately, no info on my cartridge.
Dear friend: Your Talisman is a MC cartridge that is not affected by capacitance, you don't need to worry about. What you need to worry is about load impedance.

Usually MM/MI cartridges are the ones that needs an specific capacitance load, normaly a LOMC does not needs.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
MC carts are affected by capacitance. Its just that the values are generally much greater than those that affect MI or MM carts, due to their much lower source impedances. It will affect HO MC more than LO MC.

On the vinyl engine site there is a calculator that can compute the impact of cable/preamp input capacitance on any cart, including MC, if you know the source resistance and inductance of the cartridge. Look under "database tools":

http://www.vinylengine.com/cartridge_database_tools.php

Then down to "Cartridge/Amp Loading/Resonance"

Input the resistance and inductance for your cart, and input capacitance values to see what the resonant frequency is. I think anything above 20 KHz is fine, so capacitance values up to that resonant frequency should be OK.