Aesthetix IO Eclipse

Hi,

I'm seriously considering this Phono preamp (with the additional line input and volume control), and would like to get in contact with potenial owners of the IO-series from Aesthetix. I believe the IO is what I'm looking for sonically (and I love the design and user experience). But, I'm slightly concerned about earlier reports of noise/hum issues, as well as riability and the practical side of things related to tube life and generated heat.

So....

- Is the IO Eclipse (still) up there among the best on the market?
- Will the possibility of driving a poweramp directly offer any disadvantages, or be as good as or better than a separate preamp of the same caliber?
- Are the tubes worth the expense, effort and potential hassle...?

What I'm looking for is a high degree of naturalness, musicality and flow combined with great dynamics and a large, holographic soundstage.

My system:

Brinkmann Bardo + 10.5 tonearm + Pi-pickup (Analog)
Audio Aero La Fontaine (CD/DAC/Pre)
Karan KA M2000 (Monoblocks)
Sonus Faber Futura (Speakers)
Kubala Sosna Elation (Cables)

Thanks!
128x128sidekick_i
All positive answers, in terms of the potential of the Io. I am rather surprised that the 2nd PS makes such a big difference; I would have thought that separate constant current sources and voltage regulators for each channel would be sufficient to max out the performance. Thx.
I have Io Eclipse now for almost a year. It is quiet but
not quite as quiet as Lamm LP2 or Fosgate Signature but
it is definitely not noisy.

My local dealer warned me that with regular use, stocked tubes may last only about a year. So far, I changed out the 4 first stage gain tubes with NOS. The stocked tubes are a little more quiet but sounded a bit lean. If you prefer extended, clear, detailed sound (but in no way analytical), the stocked tubes definitely will give you that. If you need a bit more body and warmth, you will need to look for some NOS. Finding good matched quads 12AX7 with low noise will not be cheap but I was told again by my local dealers that NOS tubes tend to last longer than the stocked tubes. I will have to wait and see if that is true.

I think the unit consumes something liek 400 watts at idle
so lots of ventilation space would be good.
Regarding heat generation. Is it at all possible/recommendable to place the power supplies in a cabinet (with an open back)? This works well with my Karan monos, but I do expect the Aesthetix units to get significantly warmer.
I recommend you call Aesthetix and talk with Jim or Glenn about your proposed placement. They will have the experience across their user base to help you make that determination.

You can reach Glenn at (805) 529-9901
My Io runs much hotter than my friend's Karan new 2000 watts
monoblocks. Both Aesthetix units will generate a lot of heat
so I imagine that you probably want at least 3 if not all 4 sides open as much as possible.