Turntable belt/pulley help- kind of urgent

So, I got a Denon DP 300F a few weeks ago. until today I didn't have a cartridge installed, so I didn't play it. After lots of hassle, I bought and installed a Shure M97XE cartridge, aligned it, etc. Then I tried to play a record but the platter would not spin. I googled the manual, and apparently there was something wrong with the belt. So I took the belt out, rearranged it around the pulleys about a dozen different ways, and still nothing. Can someone please explain to me how to position the belt so I can get my platter working??
There's a link to the manual here: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/033/033DP300F.PDF

please help! any help at all would be greatly appreciated. :) (also, I'm a noob so if I've done anything stupid but taking the belt out, etc, cut me some slack).
toxicwaterfront
Okay,I'm aware I sound like an idiot here, but I figured the belt thing out. apparently I had to leave it on the platter.

Anyway, I've come across another problem. The platter spins, I can hear the cartridge tracking the record, all cartridge wires are connected and in the correct spots, I've set the tracking force/alignment to an approximately accurate value (without the help of a gauge, which might have been the source of the problem, but I doubt it).

All cables from the turntable to the amp (which is a NAD C315BEE integrated amp) are connected.

All cables from the amp to the speakers (Wharfedale Diamond 10.1). Unless I'm missing something and the speakers have a hidden power button, everything is fine.

Except...no sound is coming out of the speakers. None at all. I can hear the tracking sound coming from the turntable itself, but nothing else.

Help?
Are the phono cables from the turntable plugged into the PHONO input on the NAD and is PHONO selected as the source on the NAD?

Also, were the cartridge wires in the headshell connected?

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
Check the mute button on your amp. Don't laugh, it's happened to me before !!!!
Your NAD C315BEE has no "Phono" input. The signal from a phono cartridge is MUCH lower than that from a CD player, tuner, etc. and another stage of amplification is required to bring the signal up to normal level. Some integrated amps already have this, and call it the "Phono" input. You need a separate phono box for moving magnet (MM) cartridge - your turntable plugs in to this, and you need an extra stereo RCA interconnect to run from the phono box's output into any unused input on your NAD. NAD makes well-reviewed phono boxes. Another that comes to mind is the Cambridge 640P. Note that a MC (moving coil) input is not necessary, as your Shure is MM.

PS - You do not sound like an idiot, we all went through this when we first started to listen to vinyl.
Phono preamp. Hopefully, somewhere hidden amongst your equipment is something called a phono preamp. (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.). It looks like your TT may have one built in and they call it an EQ and not a phono preamp. If your TT is plugged into a phono stage on your amp, leave the EQ on the TT off. If the TT is plugged into a regular input (non-phono) on the NAD, turn the EQ on the TT on. I'm pretty sure that is the problem.