Is there a problem with my Lyra Delos cartridge?

Last March I upgraded from a Grado Platinum to a Lyra Delos cartridge which was installed by Analogique in Manhattan.My turntable is a VPI HW-19 MK-3 with an Audioquest PT-6 tonearm.After about 120 hours of use I have been getting distortion on certain lps.For example:Last night I wanted to hear Moment's Notice from Coltrane's Blue Train lp(180 gram).This is the second track on side one.So I drop the needle on track two and sound starts distorting at about the 7 minute mark(track is 9:09 minutes),I lift up the needle then lower it onto the lp again and it plays fine.This is not happening on every lp but it is happening quite often.I am tracking at 1.8 which is the Lyra recommendation.I switched phonostages but that does not seem to be the problem.I also put on a new belt but problem persists. Help!!!
montgomery
Applying proper VTF should result in the cantilever assuming a 90-degree angle in relation to the red front magnet carrier.

My recommendation for Montgomery is to isolate whether the tonearm or cartridge is at fault by having the Delos installed (accurately) in a different tonearm and seeing how it performs.

hth, jonathan
Thanks for the advice.I listened to lps for over 2 hours last night with no problems. But if distortion shows up again I'm taking it to the shop.I will also purchase a digital downforce gauge.Thanks again
Thanks for your response.If the problem persists I will take it to the repair shop.Thanks again
BTW, one more variable to consider is room temperature and humidity. Temperature should be about 22~23 degrees celsius, humidity around 55~60%. These operating conditions have a bearing on tracking ability and sound quality.

hth, jonathan carr
Hi Jonathan,

I am having the exact problem you described above with the stretched suspension. The Kleos is riding closer and closer to the record and is now only floating a few millimetres above the vinyl. It has been mounted on a Moersch arm and gently lowered everytime. Please advise how I can get this cart fixed or replaced? The cart was purchased in September, 2010 sn# KL241F.