how many have a WAF?

Well seeing as I am a younger member here and many years a way from marriage-if ever. How many of you are married out there? How many of us are single? I ask this simply because I am now single again(as of 15 minutes ago). And those who are married is it happy? any regrets? Everyone here has given me so much advice on everything in life, I figure its time to move onto a more important matter :) "when all of the dark clouds roll away, and the sun begins to shine. i see my freedom from across the way, and it comes right in on time" -Van Morisson
tireguy
I just got engaged. Several of my ex girlfriends (and especially the ex wife) called my stereo the "other woman." Traci however, knows how much it means to me. For my birthday, she bought me a set of symposium rollerblocks, for Valentines Day, I got a Arcici Suspense rack. What a woman!

I respect the things that are important to her, she respects what's important to me.
JD, i can't answer that question. If you take into account all of the perks and benefits that my girlfriends' job offers, she makes more than i do !!!! As such, i still don't feel slighted by being forced to pay half the bills : )

As to your wedding, Congratulations !!! I am 38, never been married, etc... Like you, i have been with my girlfriend for 6 years. Right now, we feel no need to tie the not or go our separate ways, but you know how that goes. Things could go either way at the drop of a hat. While it is good that both of you are willing to make the commitment to see things through, i would discuss financial matters BEFORE you tie the not. I know that it's coming down to the wire, but better to have it out in the open than to have a lasting confrontation for the rest of your life. Sean
My wife and I have been together for 29 years (married for 19 years)—DINKS. Since day one, she knew how important music was to me. We both enjoy doing many activities together: backpacking, telemark skiing, whitewater canoeing, mountain biking, hiking, scuba diving, and exotic travel. We also have very separate interest in our professional lives. She's a samll animal veterinarian and I direct a few statewide projects in public health. Both professions provide us with a great deal of social interactions when we're not together. Most importantly, we try not to control each other. I know when she has made up her mind that something is important to her, I get out of the way, if I can't contribute. She does the same for me. The only time my music gets to her (WAF) is when she's had hectic day and comes home to "loud" music. Fortunately, we each have enough time at home alone to enjoy our individual interests. She works every other weekend at a live-in emergency vet clinic in San Francisco. So I get to crank-up the sounds. Financially, we have a budget that I never touch for my audio desires. I use money from consulting and travel reimbursements for my audio "slush" fund.
WAF means I have Revel F50's instead of Studios in the main system.

WAF is aided with speakers that have good off axis response` so that music can be enjoyed while attending to life's chores, and not only while un the sweet spot.

On our first dates, I tested my then-girlfriend-now-esposa's tolerance of music in all its worst guises: loud, eclectic, experimental, morning noon and night. She passed the hard tests with ease, so normal listening was a cakewalk.

If music is a huge part of your life, you owe it to yourself and your potential partner to do a thorough audition.

8 years, 1 wife, 1 child, 1 cat, 4 stereos (not including car).
We're in our mid-40's, semi-retired, with 2 dogs. Happy. Wouldn't have it any other way (but I was a very active, read successful, bachelor in my time).

On the hi-fi front my only limitations were that the money had to come out of a separate personal account (all our finances are co-mingled so the money came out my father's estate), I was not permitted to bring Nautilus 802s into the house (so I got 803s which she's more than happy with), and that the dogs would be able to stand the SPLs that sometimes eminate from the system (they leave to go somewhere peaceful).

We've only got one system, in the main living area. Guess what ? She's just redesigned our room and my new recliner made it to the prime listening position, while her's is in a slightly less advantageous setting. And she's going to get improved surround speakers, probably from shared funds, for my birthday. Find your own dream date ! Then marry her.