upgrade or replace rega planar 3

Hi all,
Just looking for some opinions here. I have a rega planar 3 with an rb600 arm and a denon 103 cartridge. I have been bitten by the upgrade bug. My question is is it worth doind the various upgrades to the planar 3 sich as a deep groove sub platter and acylic platter, or should I just scrap the 3 and upgrade the whole table? Any opinions either way. My budget for a new table/arm combo would be around $1,200.
I listen to mostly rock and jazz.
Thanks
skipper320
Inna, you're right, it was about 1K. We set the bar so high that it's very hard to reach.
Manitunc, the Sota Sapphire is a fantastic table with a good suspension. The person who made the comparison was someone who had tweeked the Rega with the same tweeks I made. That should be here on the "Gon". When the tonearm wire is replaced with "Incognito" and the sub platter which uses a "Sapphire bearing", plus acrylic platter, plus "Techno heavy weight" arm balance, plus the P-3-24 motor; which is much quieter than the stock P-3 motor, you have an entirely different P-3.

I only record, and I use my Rega on the concrete basement floor. This negates the need for a suspension.

I agree with your statement in regard to the stock P-3 and the Sota Sapphire.
Hi Skipper - IMO, you should buy a used P5. The main difference between it and the P3-24 is the RB-700 arm, which is quite a bit better arm than the 300. You should be able to stay within that budget, P5's have been going from between 900 and 1300 for the past year or so on this site.
Look into a used Rega P7 or the new RP6. Slightly over your budget but a P7 sounds alot closer to a P9 then a P5 or P25. Have not demoed the RP6 yet, but it looks promising for $1495.
I agree with Dayglow-the P7 is a significant upgrade over the P5. A nice used P7 will run around $1600. The P7 includes the TT PSU, the bearing assembly and sub-platter from the P9, and a model specific ceramic platter. It's a great table.