Rockport Sirius III & Micro Seiki 8000 comparison

Arrival of 4 Ears from Germany for Shootout in my Home. Rockport Sirius III Direct Drive Turntable with Linear Arm / Micro Seki 8000 in a unique version with an additional RX 3000 as an interia unit.
Some mods have to be done first, but the System is getting the right temperature......

checking Plate Current...

Rockport Sirius III turntable

with a Lyra

Olympos SL cartridge
connected to a modified Lamm LP2 with a special custom made SUT for it
and the Front End...

Lamm LL1 Preamp

Lamm ML3 Amps

.... now back to work ... more coming
Ag insider logo xs@2xunoear
Ah yes - Unoear still has both ears and a well working audiophile brain in between ... so he has survived any Saloon fights with flying colors and no damage.
Hello Raul,

Yes, the Air Force One looks interesting, maybe even a little like the big brother to the NVS. I will be interested to hear Thuchan's inpressions when he gets a chance to give the Air Force One a listen.

As for the Wave Kinetics NVS, it appears from the inside track, that it may have lost its bearings...
Hello Lewm,

I do like your system; nice synergistic setup, congratulations!

Regarding your 458 Italia...Rosso Corsa?
Hi Thuchan,

Regarding my singing abilities, remember that I will only be fulfilling your direct request ;-)

Hello Lewm and Kostas_1, the comparison is in a process orientation and hopefully we will have more to report regarding our observations in a few weeks. In the meantime, please view the pictures that Syntax has been able to provide showing some of the process of building up the Micro Seiki TTs. Dertonarm's modifications are the real thing!

A friendly fellow has offered to make his personal Olympos SL available so we can have two of the Lyra cartridges available during the comparison, thank you for your kind offer Dlanselm.

More to come on the comparison later.

Very happy listening!
Hello In_shore,

You are right-on about Dertonarm. I can completely agree with your assessment; he has been extremely helpful with my making good solid choices that are the real thing...in my experience, the same can also be said about Syntax. Additionally, they have been very generous with their time and sharing their experiences: this has been a great help for me to accelerate and increase my knowledge along the audio learning curve...quickly to 33 and a third...;-)...

Hey D., thank you for your kind remarks...it was very easy for me to be mellow and laid back! As you know, there is an open invitation for yourself and Syntax to visit at anytime. It was a wonderful visit, we should do it again in a few weeks!

In_shore, yes, BBQ is king in Texas...and, of course, tall tales! However, be extremely careful while visiting the saloons; you could lose an ear...;-)...

Best,
Alan